PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to my trailer?

Tight Angles
06-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Just bought it 2 years ago and already something is eating away at the panels all around the trailer. It looks like a white, bubbly, sticky foam. I only use it for hauling lawnmowers. Has anyone ever seen this before?

LindblomRJ
06-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Looks like its rusting out. You might want to clean out the trailer. In a couple of the holes there is grass, dirt and other things that hold moisture.

outlaw1960
06-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Oh yeah, that's rust, grind it off and repaint the spots....outlaw

EMJ
06-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Lack of maintenance/cleaning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crash935
06-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Thats an aluminum skin and frame. Its rotting out from the inside out, more than likly because of the debris in the trailer holding moisture and sitting against the aluminum.

ke5hbd
06-14-2007, 02:25 AM
Clean the trailer out. Go to a truck supply and get some aluminum wheel cleaner and soak the spots and power wash the area.

I had a friend with an enclosed race car trailer and it did the same thing but after we removed the interior panels and cleaned everything with the aluminum cleaner and repairing and sealing all the joints he has had no more problems and thats been over six years ago and two different owners and it still looks good with no rot.

You need to put some type of vent on the trailer as it is storing moisture from the mowers and mowing debris and it will lessen the moisture issue.