PDA

View Full Version : Snapper leaf blower

Mowing Freak
06-10-2007, 12:53 AM
I don't want to get a "this is better than that brand" thread started. I can read lots of info about the top brands on other threads. I just have a question and wanted some opinions. I want a Little Wonder push blower but about $1000 is not in my budget right now. I came across the snapper leaf blower for $550 and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with snapper blowers and are you impressed or not or do I need to hold out for a Little Wonder?

Grits
06-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Let me preface with: I have never used a Snapper blower.

Now for my opinion. The Snapper blower is a residential blower and I am sure you know the deal on residential equipment.
I bought a used Little Wonder push blower for $300 or $350 (can't exactly remember). It is about 4 to 5 years old and has definitelt been used. But it is still in good shape. I immediately put it to work after buying it, without doing anything to it. It worked wonderfully, blows like a hurricane. It started running rough. I changed air filters (I think the first new filter it has seen in a while), changed oil, spark plug, degreased it, touched up some paint. It runs like new and starts on the first pull every time.
I guess what I am saying is, maybe this is something you might want to buy used. You can probably pick one up for under $500, and it will most likely still last longer and give you less trouble than the Snapper. JMO.

Mowing Freak
06-10-2007, 01:11 AM
I like the buying used idea but in my area there is nothing like that here. I could buy off ebay but I like to try before I buy. I can buy new around here but have to drive an hour away to get it. Lets just say I will be the 1st or 2nd person to have a blower like this in my area. If I could find used I would go that route. I'm not looking to buy immediately but in the near future.

Grits
06-10-2007, 01:23 AM
I like the buying used idea but in my area there is nothing like that here. I could buy off ebay but I like to try before I buy. I can buy new around here but have to drive an hour away to get it. Lets just say I will be the 1st or 2nd person to have a blower like this in my area. If I could find used I would go that route. I'm not looking to buy immediately but in the near future.

If you do not need it right now, i would keep an eye out for a used Little Wonder. If you can find one on Ebay wihtin driving distance from you, it would be worth it.

Grits
06-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Check this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Little-Wonder-6-HP-High-Output-Leaf-Blower-Very-Low-Use_W0QQitemZ150130882607QQihZ005QQcategoryZ22655QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It has the small engine on it. But as you can see, they can be found.

Mowing Freak
06-10-2007, 01:28 AM
That is the same size motor snapper has on theirs too. That would probably be a buy depending on the price of a new one that is not 4-5yrs old.

Grits
06-10-2007, 02:00 AM
That is the same size motor snapper has on theirs too. That would probably be a buy depending on the price of a new one that is not 4-5yrs old.

Yeah, it's a good deal. Other deals are out there. So if you don't need it right now, I would wait and keep an eye out for something of better quality than the Snapper.