PDA

View Full Version : Solo operating costs

rauchcory
06-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Hey yall just found this site, got a ton of info here (a bit overwhelming)

I have worked for my uncles lawn service for a year or so and recently started in with a another service (not competitors :nono: ) and have been thinking about going solo taking care of a few simple residentials.

To my question, finally, I searched and couldnt find what I was looking for. Wondering what a typical monthly operating cost would be for a single man company.

gas ins etc etc. I don't even know where to begin to figure out an estimate to see if I can even manage to go solo. (guess I could always get a part-time job)

Thanks for any help
Cory

jak2703
06-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Cory,

I am trying to figure that out myself. I will keep in touch to try and figure that out.

Thanks for the post.

JAK 2703

rauchcory
06-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Well I talked to my uncle and based on the amount of accounts I am looking for we came up with a monthly budget of 700.00 (this is part time)

does anyone have an oppinion

mc24034
06-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Well i dont think anyone on here can give you an answer. We dont know how many lawns your mowing, what kind of mower/mowers youre using, how far youre driving for these lawns. Theres plenty of details needed to have a rough estimate. Not sure how many lawns you want but i assume youll need to do some advertising. Good luck with everything.

Your Lawn First
06-11-2007, 11:22 AM
It all depends on the truck,mower,trimmer,blower, how many lawns you have how much "windshiled" time you will have how much gas price is, ect. you need to break it down to everything. I can tell you I have 55 accounts and it cost me anywhere between $700-$850 a month. $700 part time you did something wrong there.

In order to have the edge you must sometimes risk going
over the edge! (Remember!) Many times we have to go out on a limb
because that's where the fruit is! (Dont be afraid!!!!!) The honey is
always placed in a bee-hive.