PDA

View Full Version : Hustler mini fastak 42 vs. Gravely zt2044xl

JAMUSO
06-10-2007, 08:31 AM
HELP!!!

My 10year old craftsman tractor is dead.

I'm torn between these 2 machines. Pricewise they're withing $100 of each other $3600 - and that is the max i can afford.

I have about 1.5 acres of mowing with some slopes in the yard - these are by no means steep hills.

Hustler - 17hp kohler, faster tip speed, compact design, longer warentee

Graveley 20hp 2 cylinder kohler, 150 lbs heavier than hustler, sightly bigger cut, some accessories...lights, arm rest (not a big deal).

Is there anything mechanical between these machines that s/ make a difference (hydros, trasmission etc)? I'd only consider a mulch kit and bagger for accessories. I have a lawn sweeper for leaves.

Can i cut closer (trim wise) with one vs the other...i have a row of pines that I have to use a push mower to get close now - any of these do a better job?

Any input I would appreciate. This is only for home use only.

Thank you.

Capemay Eagle
06-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a feeling that most people are going to suggest the MFT. I just bought on. It will be delivered tomorrow morning..

nmurph
06-11-2007, 07:45 AM
yep!!!!!!! i don't know anything about gravely, i may be a great mower. i do know the mft is a little tank. it has a great warranty and great factory support. the mft also has about 5 inches of trim on the side, so getting close to trees and flowers is a breeze.

Hey caper, do you feel like a 10 year old on chrismas morning?

JAMUSO
06-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Thank you both for your input....anyone out there know anything about gravely mowers?

Capemay Eagle
06-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Thank you both for your input....anyone out there know anything about gravely mowers?

Here is someone who posted a pic of thier Gravely 34z, Maybe Pm him and get a little info http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=67354.

Keep your options open. There are alot of good mowers out there. The 42" mini just fits every thing I need..