PDA

View Full Version : Spreader application questions

pep51
06-10-2007, 09:34 AM
I picked up a 3 pth mount Frontier Broadcast Spreader (no instruction manual). I want to apply Scott's TB2 (weed & feed). I don't have any idea where to set the spreader as far as rate of application. I tried contacting Frontier & Scotts.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

fishinpa
06-11-2007, 08:26 AM
I picked up a 3 pth mount Frontier Broadcast Spreader (no instruction manual). I want to apply Scott's TB2 (weed & feed). I don't have any idea where to set the spreader as far as rate of application. I tried contacting Frontier & Scotts.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I'm no spreader expert, but most bags of quality fertilizer will have setting rates for many makes of spreaders listeed right on them. I'd get online and lookup the spreader you have at the manufacturers web-site and try to find a pdf of the owners manual and a settings chart.

There 'should' be a 'settings' page. I have an Earthway spreader but have to assume the 'cyclone' spreader is very abundant out there because the chart with mine reads that if this spreader is not listed on the package of fert, use the "cyclone" setting, +10. This page also has a list of hundreds of ferts from many, many manufacturers & the "suggested' rates they have tested the unit at.

Hopefully you can find what you need... good luck.