PDA

View Full Version : price on lawn cutting

Biggins
06-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Do you charge per square foot for cutting a lawn? And if so what is a good price to charge in mass?

Runner
06-10-2007, 11:19 AM
This is a non-answerable question. Back to basics....Business 101, ..know your costs. You have to start from there. You need to know what it is going to cost YOU to do it (ALL costs direct and indirect), and what you have to have to make your profit.
As far as the first part of the question, ...no. There is no magic number or formula for sq. footage, since this can be changed fast and considerably with obstacles, ditches, slopes, and several other contributing factors. Now, there ARE some that will tell you that there are "magic numbers",...as a matter of fact, there are even some that capatalize on others by selling books and publications telling you that THEY can tell you how to price things right from their publishing office 7 states away. No matter who you are, where you are, or what you bills and costs are. Yep...they have the magic answers. These books sell for the low low price of around I don't know,...but I DO know these guys pass themselves off as "consultants", and they will help you lose your shirt quicker than you can pull it off of your own back.
I hope this helps.