PDA

View Full Version : Finally a day off.

nickslawn
06-10-2007, 10:01 AM
This last Thursday right about noon I was having mulch loaded into my trailer, just like I have always done, When he finished I walked up to the bobcat to pay the guy. Thats when the bobcat lost hydro pressure in the scoop lines and landed on 2 of my twos. It throw me at least a day behind. Plus Im still having to see a orthopedic surgen for the next several weeks. It crushed 1/2 of the big toe and the tip of the 2nd toe. how painful it was. Today is the first day I have had off since the day in the ER. Can't afford to miss the work and possibly lose customers in this cut thoat market here.

tjsquickcuts
06-10-2007, 10:20 AM
This is the very reason I am happy I started hiring people. Oooch....hope you get well soon....

rodfather
06-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Damn, that had to hurt. What are the chances of something like that happening :dizzy:

Matts lawn care
06-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Ouch! Now would be a good time for steel tipped boots.

IN2MOWN
06-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Might want to think about a claim.

Grits
06-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Ouch! Now would be a good time for steel tipped boots.

Actually, the morning before he got his toes crushed would have been a good time to start wearing steel-toe boots.:laugh:

That sucks though. I was just reading somewhere about safety stuff. There was a bit of info saying you never know when equipment can lose hydraulic pressure. I was thinking, Yeah Right, I have been around hydraulics a lot and have never seen it happen. Well, I guess it does happen.
That is why you do not use a loader as a personnel lift.