PDA

View Full Version : hustler super z bagger problem

precisongreen32
06-10-2007, 03:12 PM
does anyone have a super z with the new style blower the one that sits vertical instead of horzinal. Well I just bought one the beggining of the year and the pulley that u have to replace on the right spindle with two belts to run the blower keeps wobbleing around and rounding the square key corners off and my dealer has replace it 2 times and the same thing keeps happening???? He said he has installed 4 of the new style blower and pulleys and im the only one who has been having a problem???? Just wondering if anyone else has been having this problem??

gene gls
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
does anyone have a super z with the new style blower the one that sits vertical instead of horzinal. Well I just bought one the beggining of the year and the pulley that u have to replace on the right spindle with two belts to run the blower keeps wobbleing around and rounding the square key corners off and my dealer has replace it 2 times and the same thing keeps happening???? He said he has installed 4 of the new style blower and pulleys and im the only one who has been having a problem???? Just wondering if anyone else has been having this problem??

I have the old style blower, but thats the same story I heard when something was wrong.

Imow4u2
06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
I have the old style blower, but thats the same story I heard when something was wrong.

Yeah, It Gets old.. "You're the only one that has problems." B.S., From what I read on here I don't think I'm alone..

1. Pigtail to clutch.
2. cut quality.
3. wobbling front forks at speed.
4. and my E.F.I. is starting to drink oil..

precisongreen32
06-10-2007, 10:44 PM
did you get the friction washer that goes on the front yoke thats suppost to prevent the wobbleing at high speeds?

puppypaws
06-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah, It Gets old.. "You're the only one that has problems." B.S., From what I read on here I don't think I'm alone..

1. Pigtail to clutch.
2. cut quality.
3. wobbling front forks at speed.
4. and my E.F.I. is starting to drink oil..

Lets hear about the oil consumption on the Kohler 28 efi.

How many hours are on the engine and what did you consider normal consumption before the oil usage went up? How much oil is it using now and does it smoke heavy on start up sometimes or all the time.

It is amazing how sometimes when you have a problem the dealer tries to make you think this is the first time he has seen this happen. It may be the first time but everything has to start somewhere.

mowerconsultant
06-11-2007, 08:44 AM

Do you have a Hustler brand catcher or Humboldt?
Is this on a full size Super Z or a Super Mini Z?

precisongreen32
06-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Its a full size super z not the mini and I think its Humboldt. My dealer said they make all the baggers for most commercial mowers and Hustler didnt make them?? So you can get them from hustler?

Shady Brook
06-17-2007, 10:37 AM
It does sound as if you are missing the washer/spacer for the spindle/pulley. I suspect this will fix your problem. The bagger does a good job for me, but it is getting very loose now. The bolt holes seem to be wallowing out which allows the bags to dip and hang up on things, eventually falling off. I wish they would have used some type of replaceable bushings in the pivot points.

Good luck.

mowerconsultant
06-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Its a full size super z not the mini and I think its Humboldt. My dealer said they make all the baggers for most commercial mowers and Hustler didnt make them?? So you can get them from hustler?

We don't use a Humboldt bagger at all, they do make catchers for some OEM's
Your dealer buys that catcher from Humboldt, Humboldt uses there own blower now, they used to buy it (horizontal blower) from us and there are no problems with this blower our drive system.
So unfortunately you have a Humboldt issue and not a Hustler issue.

Rob.C
06-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I agree I have a hustler super-z efi 60" and have every available attachment they make and have not had one problem, your problem not to be ignorant is poor choice of equipment, always by the attachments the same brand as your mower. The only issue I had with hustler was I wanted literature on every mower they make and they never sent it to me I called twice, but thats probaly a receptionist error not hustler...............They have awesome equipment.:weightlifter:

eeckhardt
06-05-2009, 05:02 PM
You should check whether your blades move up and down because if they do your shaft may be miscut on your mower which causes the spindle to move up and down and wobble which would cause your belt to be destroyed alot quicker. You may need a new spindle housing.