PDA

View Full Version : Lesco ZTR's pros & cons

NNJLandman
06-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Looking into buying a Lesco ZTR, the 54" Deck with the Kawi engine. My main reason for buying the mower is one the price, its a lot cheaper then an exmark or a scag. The list price was around $6500.00, I just wanted some feedback from owners about what they like about them, how the cut, how they stripe, and of course what they dont like about them. As soon as I get a break in the action(if that ever happens) I want to demo one and see how i like it, I've tried exmark and grasshoppers, so I would like to hear what others have to say, would another walkbehind be better or is ztr the way to go?

Thanks

Jeff

Nosmo
06-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I just wanted some feedback from owners about what they like about them, how the cut, how they stripe, and of course what they dont like about them.]
Thanks

Jeff

Here we go again --- he wants opinions from those who own this machine.

I own the Cub Cadet Version 54" and I am pleased with it.
It cuts very well but I don't do much striping here because most lawns are Bermuda. I can stripe my own if I let it get above 3-1/4" but striped Bermuda has a short lasting effect.

I've had this one since May 06 with only one problem - a locknut on the deck height adjusting spring was lost. It was causing a problem in the cut. Replaced the nut and checked the alignment and it is cutting like a new one.

No complaints here.
Nosmo