PDA

View Full Version : Dog ****

grassmannj
06-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Does any one have some verbiage that I can put in my bills about Dog ****
I'm sick off stepping in it, riding in it and smelling it.
I do not want to threaten to charge them i just want them to clean it up.
Thanks for anything.

THEGOLDPRO
06-10-2007, 05:42 PM
suck it up

carcrz
06-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I just wash it off the equipment w/ their own hose when I'm done. They get the picture when there is a pile of it by their hose after the bath.

bohiaa
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM
LOL out hear in the country, it's COW PATTIES I have a problem with....

wait untill you hit one and the wind is right and it covers you...

DavidS1964
06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
What did you do as a kid. Stay on the side walks all your life. Get over it or get off it.

carcrz
06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
LOL out hear in the country, it's COW PATTIES I have a problem with....

wait untill you hit one and the wind is right and it covers you...

Never caught the cows pie, but I've hit many horse remains. One of my past customers had horses & the electric fence kept shorting out & they would go all over his lawn. It looked like confetti had struck again.

grassmannj
06-10-2007, 07:10 PM
What did you do as a kid. Stay on the side walks all your life. Get over it or get off it.
Just think that was your 9th post I'll look for your 10..

Turfdude
06-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for anything.

Pet owners, please clean-up after you pets the night before or morning of your scheduled day. We are not responsible for damages to hoses or childrens toys left in the lawn.

Branchland
06-10-2007, 08:15 PM
I read on here where LCO's complain about dog crap. Some charge extra, others just b!tch about it. I have customers with dogs and they are in fenced in back yards. Some of them clean up the poop, some don't. I've never said anything to any of them because it ain't that big a deal. I very rarely step in it, and I don't watch where I'm stepping. If it gets on my mower tires I smell it in the trailer. But this is not often. And it comes off on the next yard. I guess I'm just wondering whose got yards with enough crap in them to b!tch about it? Must be small lots or alot of big dogs.

Turfdud gave a good suggestion if it bothers you that much.

02DURAMAX
06-10-2007, 08:16 PM
all my customers on contracts and i have on it that if they have a dog all the dropping must be picked-up a day before i mow or there will be an extra $5 Equipment clean-up fee added to each weeks bill......but since they have all signed it they know to clean it up and they won't have to worry about the extra charge....:)

bigtex
06-10-2007, 08:17 PM
its an unfavorable part of lawn maintenance, but do what turfdude says i've done the same thing. sometimes it's got to be brought to there attention. i think they(the homeowner) knows its there but until you say something they might not think its an issue. then if it continues (walk). bye

grassmannj
06-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys.

cpel2004
06-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Add it to your services charge extra for. You can google pooper scooper services. i'm thinking about adding to our services.

bigbear
06-10-2007, 10:56 PM
we mow a doggie day cares back field (1 acre) and they never clean up the poop we never ***** at all about it just mow it dont be baby its not like your gonna lick your mower blade when you take it off that night my god just think off the chemicals on lawns that we mow you know thats on the grass under the deck, gotta be worse for you than dog poop.. also we dont blow off the black top just leave the little pieces of poop that fling off the tires on the way back to the truck just cause i think it s funny

fiveoboy01
06-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I just run it over.

Yeah, I get acquainted with a foul smell now and then, so what. I just deal with it, and it's not like it's all over the place.

Lohse's Lawn Service
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Pet owners, please clean-up after you pets the night before or morning of your scheduled day. We are not responsible for damages to hoses or childrens toys left in the lawn.

That's the best way to say it. As long as it's not on my shoes, then I'm alright. Nothing like hopping in the truck on a hot summer day, only to find the smell of fresh dog droppings. People on here saying it's not a big deal. Yes it is, it's DOG FECES. If there's a lot (I mean tremendous amounts of it) and they aren't home, then don't mow it and leave a respectful note asking them to clean it. If they don't, then maybe they aren't worth your time. It's not your fault they have dogs and don't want to clean up after them.

RELIABLELAWNMAN
06-11-2007, 12:55 AM
$ 25.00 per hour to clean-up

Mark in MD
06-11-2007, 08:51 AM
suck it upI agree. Next year, hike their price, if you want.

zz4guy
06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Geez just ask them. Give them a phone call and chances are good they'll try to help you.

If you have been cutting their lawn for a while they probably like your work and dont want to loose you. So they'll work with you.

And if they dont then you'll have some recourse when you drop them or raise their rates.

flathead
06-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't mind hitting it with the mower. It's when I hit it with the string trimmer and it splatters me in the face that gets me.

themowerman
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
If they can afford lawn maintainence then they can probably afford a pooper scooper service.....These pooper scooper guys charge from$8.00 to $15.00 a week. If you get to know some of these guys or gals you can refer them and I am sure they would refer you to their customers.

Frontier-Lawn
06-11-2007, 02:01 PM
heres what i put in my contracts
On the scheduled day of service, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the lawn is free of toys, hoses, portable lawn sprinkler, all gated areas accessible, and other objects that interfere with the maintenance of the yard. F.L.L .will not responsible for damage caused to such items left on the lawn. F.L.L. has the right to refuse service or cut around with out moving items, if the lawn is not cleared prior to arrival. An Extra $20 fee may be charged if foreign objects impede the work which is to be performed by F.L.L. (and must be moved) such as vehicles, debris, etc.
If a pet is kept at the property, the lawn must be free of pet droppings when F.L.L. is scheduled to service your yard. Failure to do so will result in: F.L.L. having to mow over the pet droppings to finish servicing the property, for which the customer will be charged a $25 Equipment cleanup fee per occurrence.

bluetick
06-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't mind hitting it with the mower. It's when I hit it with the string trimmer and it splatters me in the face that gets me.

Yea that sucks.:dizzy:

I do a Vet's office and I just charge enough that he is paying for the 10 min. or so that it takes for me to hose of the tires. As far as res. goes, what’s the occasional dog turd? Not a big deal for me but the vet office puts a hole new perspective on it. Another reason I have a little different out look is because I have a Bluetick and a Blood Hound in the back yard. Thats about 200 pounds of poop mak’in go’in on. Maybe I should talk with my self about cleaning that crap up. On second thought I’ll just mow over it and hose of the tires when I get through.

God bless

Shawn

coonman
06-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I think it is just part of the job. I don't even think about most of the time. I would rather run over the dog poop instead of a rock or stick or trash. My point being, I don't think you can expect the yard to be free of everything but grass most of the time.

mkroher
06-11-2007, 06:42 PM

LOL! been there done that!

bohiaa
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for anything.

OMG.....Grow up..... what do you do when you step in cow patties...

Cry, Go home, or change Boots............

O- PLEASEEEEEE:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

deereequipment
06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Dog crap is also a health threat.
Just this season, I am doing something about it.

I put a note on the front page of my website about that we no longer work for people who don't cleanup after their pets.

I have 2 current customers that are problems. I told one to find someone else, and they started cleaning up. So far, 3 months in, they've stayed on top of the cleanups. the other customer, I haven't addressed yet.

I am only a mid-size full time company, but I can start to pick and choose. I don't have to have every lawn I have a chance to get.
I hate dogs because of their $hit, and won't work in it!
THerefore, I won't make my employees work in it.

Suck it up? NO!

johnnywill08
06-17-2007, 04:27 PM
we mow a doggie day cares back field (1 acre) and they never clean up the poop we never ***** at all about it just mow it dont be baby its not like your gonna lick your mower blade when you take it off that night my god just think off the chemicals on lawns that we mow you know thats on the grass under the deck, gotta be worse for you than dog poop.. also we dont blow off the black top just leave the little pieces of poop that fling off the tires on the way back to the truck just cause i think it s funny

sounds good.... hey when you change the blade wear your hazmat suit. owners leaving crap every week are disrespectful a-holes... here and there i dont mind, but every week tells me they think i'm basically there to do as they see fit....

Bigray
06-18-2007, 07:31 AM
another way to pick up a extra 5 bucks or more depending on how many dogs the cust. has , offer a pooper scooper srvc. take a 5 gal. bucket w/ you ... any comments?