PDA

View Full Version : I know I will get flamed for this !!

coobie
06-10-2007, 07:59 PM
First I want to say thanks to the folks who responded to some of my questions about buying a new ZTR,s.I ended up buying a kubota 326 pro.What is it about this website,do you have to be in the lawn mowing business to get information on ZTR?I was just a homeowner looking for information a good dependable ZTR and it seemed to me some folks on this website do not like to give any information on this subject.To me this is a snootie approach for this average home owner looking for advice from the pros,like yourselves.Just my take,coobie:waving:

Vikings
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I've come across thousands of posts on Z's even though I'm not in the market for one. Maybe people just get sick of typing the same thing over and over.

coobie
06-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I've come across thousands of posts on Z's even though I'm not in the market for one. Maybe people just get sick of typing the same thing over and over.I agree,I did a search on kubota ZTR on this website and did not get many hits on the subject,I was just looking for good advise from folks who used thes mowers everyday.I do see your point though.coobie:)

Vikings
06-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey, go into the Pesticide section and make a thread saying that you don't have a license but don't think it's too hard, you just need to know how much to charge. Then you'll see some very rude responses.:laugh:

(I did this once)

Capemay Eagle
06-10-2007, 08:19 PM
First I want to say thanks to the folks who responded to some of my questions about buying a new ZTR,s.I ended up buying a kubota 326 pro.What is it about this website,do you have to be in the lawn mowing business to get information on ZTR?I was just a homeowner looking for information a good dependable ZTR and it seemed to me some folks on this website do not like to give any information on this subject.To me this is a snootie approach for this average home owner looking for advice from the pros,like yourselves.Just my take,coobie:waving:
Just post in the Home owner assistance forum. If a pro wants to give his advice he will. If not some of the regular Joe's can help you out..

Vikings
06-10-2007, 08:34 PM
When I ask a question about a mower like Toro 36" wb, I get lots of responses because every second person has one. But, when I once made a thread about Gravely I got almost zero helpful responses I think, because very few people use them. Same with Kubota.

delphied
06-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I think alot of people on here will answer if they have the information. Im grateful to have this source. You wont find it anywhere else.

delphied
06-10-2007, 08:44 PM
BTW I dont think very many people in the industry are thrilled with Kubota mowers but they like their diesel engines.

coobie
06-10-2007, 08:45 PM
I think alot of people on here will answer if they have the information. Im grateful to have this source. You wont find it anywhere else.I am VERY grateful to the FEW who responded to my questions about the ZTR,s.coobie:)

coobie
06-10-2007, 08:50 PM
BTW I dont think very many people in the industry are thrilled with Kubota mowers but they like their diesel engines.Please explain why,just curious?I have mowed 3 times now with my 326 pro and have only one major complaint,it does not have the independant susp.like my ferris did.coobie:)

delphied
06-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I cant really explain it . I read one that said the mower wasnt so hot but the diesel sure was. You have to understand that all mowers now days are so good that there are only minor differences in cut quality IMO. I sure wouldnt fret, especially if you like it. Im trying to get up the nerve to buy a Wright Stander. Ill be the only guy in 50 miles that has one. I used to think Exmark was the only machine to buy but the fact is they are all good and so are all the engines. It just isnt rocket science anymore!

coobie
06-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I cant really explain it . I read one that said the mower wasnt so hot but the diesel sure was. You have to understand that all mowers now days are so good that there are only minor differences in cut quality IMO. I sure wouldnt fret, especially if you like it. Im trying to get up the nerve to buy a Wright Stander. Ill be the only guy in 50 miles that has one. I used to think Exmark was the only machine to buy but the fact is they are all good and so are all the engines. It just isnt rocket science anymore!Boy isn,t that the truth on mimor differences.I looked at scag,ferris,grasshopper,woods,dixiechopper,kubota and a few more.The reason I chose Kubota
was dealer support,I have 4 dealers within a 100 mile radius of my home.coobie:)

MOW ED
06-10-2007, 10:15 PM
The best advise I give to homeowner or pro is the same. Demo everything you like and find the one that works the best for what you have to mow.
I personally don't have a Kubota dealer close to me so I didn't even try one.

I really don't respond much to opinion of mower threads because everyone has different reasons and conditions. If there was a mower that worked the best for everyone the choice would be easy but volumes of "opionions" are written on mowers and all equipment here. Kubota isn't really a big hitter in my area and I know of no LCO's that run them. Now if you want to get the boys and girls going just start a little talk about Exmark, Walkers, Toro or Scag. I don't think there are any other mowers out there but these.:laugh:
Good luck with your new mower, it will be fine.

Tim Wright
06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I have a Ferris, and am about to buy a Kubota 331 -60. They are nice machines.

Tim

J&R Landscaping
06-10-2007, 10:49 PM
As far as the opinions go, it depends on what kind of machine it is. Some might not give opinions because they have no knowledge. From what I have read on LS, Some like Kubota mowers and some hate them. I have not found to many threads retaining to problems with kubota tractors though.

bohiaa
06-10-2007, 10:53 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head, when you said tired of typing....

the truth of the matter is, most all the major brands are GREAT... what dirves most of us one way or the other, is the dealer, is it close by, can we get parts, will they be here tomorrow. things of this nature.. For myself it was confort, I will be sitting on this thing 8, 9, 10 hrs a day.... that 's a long time my friend......

I hope you enjoy your purchase, and I'm sorry if you felt that some of us were not too helpfull.

you got a GREAT machine there...

Richard Martin
06-11-2007, 05:15 AM
Please explain why,just curious?I have mowed 3 times now with my 326 pro and have only one major complaint,

Cost, weight and an overly complex machine.

JTF40
06-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Cost, weight and an overly complex machine.

"Overly complex machine" - What are you talkin' about?

"Weight" - It is heavy - MUST be all of the quality components.

"Cost" - I'd much rather pay $11,000 for a diesel than to pay $9,000-$10,000 for a gas machine.

The Kubota diesels (Exmark, Grasshopper, etc.) are very durable, fuel-sippin' machines.

LwnmwrMan22
06-11-2007, 02:07 PM

"Cost" - I'd much rather pay $11,000 for a diesel than to pay $9,000-$10,000 for a gas machine.

The Kubota diesels (Exmark, Grasshopper, etc.) are very durable, fuel-sippin' machines.

I suppose the overly complex part has to do with the hydro running right off the engine.

Anyways, I've run Kubota now since 2004. The reason you don't see alot of responses from me, is because I'm working 80-100 hours in the summer (have to make your money when you can in MN, with the 6 month growing season).

Soooooo.. with that being said, it's hard to run the laptop from the seat of the mower.

My first ZD28, I ran 1200 hours, traded it on my new 331/72". It was wonderful, IMO. My second ZD28, it's been in the shop 3 times in 600 hours because it keeps dropping water pumps. This is my 60" mower now.

The new 331, has already had a new radiator at 15 hours, because the motor flexes too much and the fan takes out the radiator. There's now a recall on this mower.

This is the only reason that I'm on the computer right now, to bring it to the attention of the other 331 owners so they can get the recall taken care of when they have a down day, so they don't have a day down because of this situation.

topsites
06-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Just my take,coobie:waving:

I have to speak for myself, but I am one small business owner who has no tolerance for being treated like a petty boy... Whether I am the captain of a row boat or whether I command the Queen Mary, a captain is a captain, disrespect either and I am afraid time and again overboard yourself you will find.

Little help there is for those who treat me like little boy, puny lawn boy show you who owns the rudder :laugh:

I ask not that you treat me as the better man, but treat me not as the lesser man, for in our positions in society, as things stand you and I, we are equal in position on that fragile totem pole. All of us on this earth, we are created equal, nobody is better than the next person.

Fail to figure this out and it's your throat, surely I will not let you ride me or my boat.

coobie
06-11-2007, 05:45 PM

The Kubota diesels (Exmark, Grasshopper, etc.) are very durable, fuel-sippin' machines.I agree with your comments on the Kubota.I was looking at scag turf tiger with the 29 hp.kaw.fuel injected motor for around $10,000,I paid $10,700 for the Kubota diesel.Kind of a no brainer for me:hammerhead: coobie.

Richard Martin
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM

The man asked a question, I answered it. Don't jump my ass because I gave my opinion.

The mower is complex. Driveshafts for everything running into gear boxes, some kind of bizarre hydro system and a diesel.

Weight is important especially when you're running across damp yards.

11 grand is a cheap Kubota.

JTF40
06-12-2007, 12:52 AM
The man asked a question, I answered it. Don't jump my ass because I gave my opinion.

The mower is complex. Driveshafts for everything running into gear boxes, some kind of bizarre hydro system and a diesel.

Weight is important especially when you're running across damp yards.

11 grand is a cheap Kubota.

I wasn't jumpin' your *** - I was just asking you a question, also. Besides, with over 5K posts, you DO have my respect.

Personally, I LOVE driveshafts, gear boxes, hydros built for tractors, only ONE belt on the machine, etc.

I paid $9,200.00 for my ZD and was quoted $11,000.00 for a new ZD326. :usflag: