PDA

View Full Version : Hillside action

bluetick
06-10-2007, 07:58 PM
My new SuperZ Is like a freak'in mountian goat.:) :) :)

//www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe9d9ae97c219f14f9a78d620f446b5b4/e91d2979.jpg

02DURAMAX
06-10-2007, 08:01 PM
do you have any better pic's of the mower on the hill?.....looks almost flat from the pic you posted..

gene gls
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
My new SuperZ Is like a freak'in mountian goat.:) :) :)

//www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe9d9ae97c219f14f9a78d620f446b5b4/e91d2979.jpg

If you do much hill work with it you will burn up the wheel motors. Been there done that 4 times in 2000 hours. Its made for flat mowing.

MOW ED
06-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi gene.

Did you dump all the Walkers for the fasssst Hustlers. I have heard there may be issues with the wheel motors on hills. I still like the speed. I don't own one but have demoed a few. Its like air conditioning.

gene gls
06-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi gene.

Did you dump all the Walkers for the fasssst Hustlers. I have heard there may be issues with the wheel motors on hills. I still like the speed. I don't own one but have demoed a few. Its like air conditioning.

No, I got rid of my diesel Walker and rebuilt my 20 HP gas walker. I also got a new EverRide to replace my Hustler S/Z. The Hustler is in the shop, again, for evaluation of the hydro system. Something is about to blow again. Pump or wheel motor, maybe both. Its time to put it in the junk pile.

Palmer'sLS
06-10-2007, 11:33 PM
around my neck of the woods its very un even...my hustler didnt make it 40 hours before a wheel motor..got rid of that quickly

bluetick
06-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Whew tough crowd. Or should I say the truth hurts. I hate I bought a mower that wont cut grass 'cause of a crappy deck(although I'm quit pleased with it), now I find out the wheel motors suck on their flag ship model. Thank God for a waranty.

I will say that 98% of my mowing is very flat. The picture was taken in Mississippi where I was helping a guy do some medians for a small town.
What should I look out for as far as the wheel motors go anyway? Other than keep the mower off of hills. Another question, I have a 42" mini fast track that for the most part sees only flat land also. I do have a customer that lives on the Ouachita River and I mow her levee once a week maybe 20 minutes time tops. Am I killing this mower too?

02DURUMAX
All I can say is look at the telephone pole behind it, it sure wernt no flat ground.

tacoma200
06-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Envy can show you some hills. But the Super Z is great on hills as far as being stable. Not much climbing power but the Super Z and Scag Turf Tiger really do hold well.

gene gls
06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Whew tough crowd. Or should I say the truth hurts. I hate I bought a mower that wont cut grass 'cause of a crappy deck(although I'm quit pleased with it), now I find out the wheel motors suck on their flag ship model. Thank God for a waranty.

I will say that 98% of my mowing is very flat. The picture was taken in Mississippi where I was helping a guy do some medians for a small town.
What should I look out for as far as the wheel motors go anyway? Other than keep the mower off of hills. Another question, I have a 42" mini fast track that for the most part sees only flat land also. I do have a customer that lives on the Ouachita River and I mow her levee once a week maybe 20 minutes time tops. Am I killing this mower too?

02DURUMAX
All I can say is look at the telephone pole behind it, it sure wernt no flat ground.

You may be in for a suprise on your "warranty" fine print. I was told by my dealer that Hustler covers the part the first time. Then the defective part that was replaced falls under the part manufactures warranty, which is from 30-90 days, as a rule. You should be OK as far as pump and wheel motors go due to your flat ground. BUT, there is the PTO clutch, the clutch pig tail, spindle bearings, the relays in your switch panel. When you start having problems with your pump drive belt, the pivot bolt for the belt tennsioner will need replacing. Hustler is very costly to keep running.