PDA

View Full Version : Front Yard/Back Yard

NYLAWNMAN01
06-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Guys do you charge one price for front yard ad backyard. Say you quote someone $35.00 is that for backyard and front or just front? Thanks Matt

privatelawn
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Front and back unless they asked for it done a differnt way

Tadams
06-10-2007, 09:34 PM
We quote a price for front, back, sides, middle, around pool, sidewalk strip (basically all grass), trimming, hard and soft edging (except asphalt), and blowing off all surfaces. The price we give includes all this. I have had people ask if I'll just cut their yard and leave the trimming to them- Nope, can't do it. It is my name and reputation that is on the line so we always to the best that we can do. If you leave it looking half-a$%ed then people will talk about you.

Lohse's Lawn Service
06-10-2007, 09:52 PM
We quote a price for front, back, sides, middle, around pool, sidewalk strip (basically all grass), trimming, hard and soft edging (except asphalt), and blowing off all surfaces. The price we give includes all this. I have had people ask if I'll just cut their yard and leave the trimming to them- Nope, can't do it. It is my name and reputation that is on the line so we always to the best that we can do. If you leave it looking half-a$%ed then people will talk about you.

That's a good way to look at it. I believe my customers' lawns are my signature, and I would hate to leave it looking half-done.

As far as this thread goes, unless they ask for a certain section of the yard to be mowed, I would give a price for the whole yard. If they want front/back cut separately, then you could make deal with them. But when it comes to trimming part of the front yard and leaving the side yard alone, I nine times out of ten will not cut it, unless I do the whole thing. But quote a front/back yard for $5-$10. Not worth the drive over there, unless you are already in the neighborhood.