PDA

View Full Version : Estimates on flyers

MeadowsLawnCare
06-11-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm trying a new idea. I have a flyer that goes something like: Are you paying too much? (in bold big letters) Then in smaller it say Lawn Mainentece as low as $20 per week (my lowest price) Then i put what it includes (mowing,edging, blowing) Its not just plan text i added some boxes and a border with some grass at the bottom to make it look flashy. Then im printing off some $25, $30 up to $45. Then im going to take them and pass them around my target area so it has the estimate of the lawn on it so to speak. I think it migh help the customer knowing a general idea what he is going to get charged for his service. Has anyone ever tried this and do they have anything to report from it?

MJS
06-12-2007, 02:57 PM
I tried this sytem for four years straight, advertising that I would cut for "As Low as $25 if you schedule in the month of April" or some such thing. I probably handed out 300 - 400 of these, and got only three jobs with them. I was told by a marketing guru that the average person doesn't take the time to read the entire flyer. So my opinion is; simpler is better, but if it works for you, go for it.

fiveoboy01
06-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Eh, you'll attract a lot of price shoppers that way.

Sell your service, not your prices.

Diversified Maintenance
06-12-2007, 10:16 PM
what five0boy said. Think about what your target audience is.

HOOLIE
06-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I tried this sytem for four years straight, advertising that I would cut for "As Low as $25 if you schedule in the month of April" or some such thing. I probably handed out 300 - 400 of these, and got only three jobs with them. I was told by a marketing guru that the average person doesn't take the time to read the entire flyer. So my opinion is; simpler is better, but if it works for you, go for it.

3 customers off 300-400 flyers is pretty decent actually.

MJS
06-12-2007, 10:33 PM
3 customers off 300-400 flyers is pretty decent actually.

Ya, but it wasn't worth it for me because probably 75% of my accounts came by word of mouth from other customers.

HOOLIE
06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
While I don't have prices on my flyer, I think it's a good idea...I mean how many companies advertise products and services and DON'T tell you the price? Most maid services have prices listed.

The theory on here seems to be that only price shoppers would respond to such a flyer. Sure there would be some of them, but most people like to have some idea of what the cost will be. If for no other reason than to not waste their OWN time. At least you would know the prospect agrees with your pricing...then it's up to you to determine if they are a decent client or not.

fiveoboy01
06-13-2007, 01:22 AM
The only reference to price I make on my flyers is for weekly lawn maintenance, STARTING at 30.00/week. Very few lawns will qualify for the 30.00 number...

I figure this way they at least know that the price only goes up from there.