PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Rock Installs

GravelyGuy
06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
I am very familiar with mulch jobs and how to price them, however I do very little work with rocks. What do you guys charge for delivering and spreading out rock? I would assume you charge per ton. Any info or tips are appreciated.

Thanks...

forestfireguy
06-11-2007, 07:53 PM
We sell it just like mulch, but hard per yard numbers are tough, generally I like to be somewhere around 125 per yard, example, we pay 68 yd for delaware rounds, flats are more both in labor and materials. So, you gotta figure if there is no access for a machine you'll kill your crew and the time on the job wheeling it so you gotta get more per hour to haul it in in wheelbarrows, stone is a pain in the A**......it's heavy, if using bigger stuff it leaves voids so you need more of it, I try to stay away from jobs without machine access if stone is requested. We still do a few a year but they all make someone miserable..........

Ric3077
06-11-2007, 08:14 PM
For some reason here in St. Louis stone is about all people want...80% of homes have it over mulch. I charge material plus $70/yard installed...I am raising this next year to $80/yd though. So if they want a stone that costs $25/yd they pay $95/yd.

hoskm01
06-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Machine consideration is huge. We price by the ton with 1 ton covering 100ft square. Even if you have to go with the barrow, still get the tractor, fill three barrows at once with te bucket, and that is where you save the time, in not shoveling.

primetyme1978
06-17-2007, 04:22 AM
What do you want for the trailer might want to buy.

GravelyGuy
06-17-2007, 02:13 PM
primetyme1978,

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=189714

I really need to get rid of it because I am moving and I do not have a place for it. I would keep it otherwise, I used it for several years and it did everything I needed it to. Let me know.