PDA

View Full Version : Kubota 331 owners please read - recall

LwnmwrMan22
06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I was in talking to my dealer today about my ZD28 that's dropping the coolant again (3rd water pump in 600 hours) and he said there's an update on my ZD331.

Turns out the motor mounts flex too much and allow the fan to hit the radiator (took out the radiator on my 331 at 15 hours) when you drive over a curb at just a certain angle.

Anyways, wanted to let everyone know to get ahold of your dealer and have them check on it. Would rather have to you get it done on a down day, rather than have a day down because there's a fault that could have been taken care of earlier.

Apples
06-11-2007, 07:43 PM
How do like the new ZD331? A lot of guys on here bought one this year. How are they holding up?

LwnmwrMan22
06-11-2007, 11:41 PM
I've got 126 hours on mine so far, and the jury is still out.

It's taken some getting used to, but it's also a completely different machine than my ZD28/60".

I'm going to be using / demoing a ZD326/60" sometime this week, so I can do a better comparison between the old and the new.

Apples
06-12-2007, 07:28 PM
How do you like the cut on the 331?

fhaith
06-14-2007, 06:36 PM
lanwmoreman I don,t think the zd326 will have enough power especily if
you run a mulching kit
the 6.5" deep deck pules a lot of power It seemes to me they are going backward the zd28 has more power
I have the zd331 but i donot have enough houre to relly let you no how i like it i forgot to metion i have 60" deck

Tim Wright
06-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I am waiting on pins and needles for your opinion on the 331.

Tim

coobie
06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
lanwmoreman I don,t think the zd326 will have enough power especily if
you run a mulching kit
the 6.5" deep deck pules a lot of power It seemes to me they are going backward the zd28 has more power
I have the zd331 but i donot have enough houre to relly let you no how i like it i forgot to metion i have 60" deck
I have a new 2007 kubota 326 pro with the 60 inch deck and love it.I only have 8 hrs on it so far.Last weekend I mowed some property I have here in S.Michigan very early in the morning 6:00am.There was alot of dew/wet on the grass and it was at least 5-6 inch tall in spots.the 326 pro mowed flawless without bogging down.So far this is a very nice machine.coobie:)

Tim Wright
06-14-2007, 10:18 PM
I've got the need and the itch.

Tim

LwnmwrMan22
06-15-2007, 12:31 AM
It's looking like I'll have a few minutes come Sunday to post my thoughts now at 150 hours.

I'd do it now, but my 5 year old and I are getting ready to go outside and watch the space station fly overhead... :D

Mickhippy
06-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Can you guys post some pics please?

Toad
06-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that! I have 100 hrs on my 331 and love this machine. I have no need for an employee anymore.

mchildress
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
I went with the 326S and so far so good,only 11 hrs so far.The only difference I could find in the 326S and 326P was the run flat tires up front. My neighbor who works at a Kubota dealership stopped by tonight and also mentioned the recall on the fan getting into the radiator. He said they had one come in with the fan hitting the radiator at 9 hrs. on the clock.

Grass Man
06-23-2007, 02:13 AM
.... Besides the WATER PUMPS and MOTOR MOUNTS have there been any other KUBOTA ZD unforeseen problems? :(

David Gretzmier
06-23-2007, 10:55 AM
my brothers got over 500 hours on his 326 this year, he runs it alot, no problems, beautiful cut, and the ride is oh so nice. I used it for a day, whoa that puppy is sweet. no power issues with cutting 2 week wet growth. needs different tires, maybe the ultra 26's, the ones from factory do cut a bit on turns.

Lane
06-23-2007, 11:08 AM
At only two hours the rear radiator shroud (plastic) mysteriously shattered on the RH side of my ZD-331-72. The tips of the fan blade were also chewed up but the radiator escaped unscathed. My dealer ordered a new shroud and fan and immediately replaced them. This was early this year and no bulletins were out about it at that time. I have yet to receive a recall notice from Kubota about the mount / shroud issue however I did receive one about bringing the unit in to have a hood grille stiffener added which I did. (Very minor).

I will have to watch the coolant closely after reading this tread. After each day of cutting I do notice the coolant level in the reservoir is about 1 inch lower than staring off with. I have wondered where it may be going, it doesn't appear to be getting into the oil. Any further details anyone can offer would be appreciated.

I owned a ZD-28-72 before the ZD-331 and I would not go back. The 331 produces a far superior cut IMO and has several other notable improvements including; more power and torque, a much stronger and tougher hydro, a superior seat and ride (big plus), foot operated hydraulic deck lift controls, deck center section access via hinged floor panel and dual tanks. The built in rear tie downs are a nice feature also.

Even with the issues to date I am happy and have no doubt that Kubota will address each and every item. Buying a brand new release one should expect some bugs. I know I was.

mchildress
07-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I went by my Kubota dealer today and he went to the Kubota site and found two bulletins on the zd 300 series for a stay kit which involves heavier motor mounts and a kit to stiffen the hood. He odered both kits and should have them for me by the end of the week. I have had no problems with my ZD326S. I'v been up,down,and sideways on hills and it sticks well. Only had one spin out early one morning on heavy dew grass on too steep a slope sideways. Been back through the same slope when dry with no problems. We are 10 inches above normal on our rain fall and have had to pull myself out of ditches twice with my tractor. The turf tires fowl pretty quick when spun. Hav'nt buried it just spinning on top. The machine is great,I'm just learning the do's and dont's. I have to get me a top and lights and I'll never come home.:)

mchildress
07-18-2007, 01:06 AM
I picked up the engine stay kit at my Kuboata dealer and went to install the new motor mounts and found my zd326 already had the new designed motor mounts.My purchase date was in 06/07 so I guess the newer machines are coming with the revised mounts. They have the hood stiffner on back order.I have no idea what it looks like, I might already have that too.