PDA

View Full Version : Agreements/contracts

The Grass Guy
06-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I just started my Lawn service in Feb. of this year (licensed & Insured) I am a City employee working second shift so I cut grass in the mornings. I started in Feb doing fliers etc and was able to get 11 yards,all on verbal agreements, I promised to call back the middle of March and set up dates to start cutting.I lost every yard except two in the 6 weeks following the verbal agreements, most due to someone else going to do it cheaper and some even fell for blanket mailings by larger companies, one even said " your yard can be maintained for as little as 25 dollars a cut" I have asked cutters I have run into to see the wording of there cutting agreements / contracts and none have provided any or full filled there promises to e-mail me some, does anyone here have any I can use as a template,mark out your company names etc. I just need the wording for my own forms. Any help would be a great help. TIA jgladdenii@aol.com

The Grass Guy
06-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I know Im not the only one this has happened to, what did everyone else do to prevent this from happening again,is it common to loose 95% of your verbal agreements before cutting season begins?

MJS
06-16-2007, 03:06 PM
I made the same mistake this year; three customers, all verbal agreements, all lost by April. It ended up not be such a bad deal though, because I got five new customers on the same street! It didn't really put a dent in my income, but it is irritating :hammerhead: when it happens. :)