PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z master question ..plz help

gdfelas
06-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Hello im new to this fourm and this is my first post. i came here looking for some advice on what to do about my Toro z147. I need a bagger for it. i just bought this new mower 2 weeks ago thinking that i could buy a bagger attachment for it from Toro. Ive contacted Toro and they have told me that no bagger attachment is avalible. So ive asked around to local repair shops and they have told me the same thing. i guess im asking here to see if anyone else has had this problem or know a company that could make me or sell a universal bagging system. The mower is a Toro Z147 z-master model# 74170 with a 44" deck. Any help is much apperciated.. Thanks

ProLawns
06-11-2007, 10:32 PM
If it has a SFS deck it should accept the Toro soft bagger. Both my 52" Z and 36" wb use the same bagger. Does it have a thick metal flange at the discharge opening?

gdfelas
06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. no it has a thin metal discharge. ill post a pic tomorrow maybe that will hepl identify it better..
Thanks .. i really hope i can get something on there..

procut
06-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Hmmmm something doesn't sound right here. I don't see why you cannot get a bagger. They do make a adapter that goes on the side of the discharge ( the thick metal flange that prolawns was talking about) that makes it adapt to most of the Toro baggers. My older Z Master had to have one, it was about $100 if remeber correctly. About how old is the machine? A buddy of mine has a 44" Z Master with the Toro DFS collection system, it is probably about an 2003 model.

gdfelas
06-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks Procut and prolawns your right they do make an adapter. The hard part was convincing toro that they made one. But after 5 or 6 calls to them they finally found the part i need. Now the question is do i wanna spend $1,200 for the complet set up or try to find another mower with a bagger on it.
Thanks again for your help.