PDA

View Full Version : Lawn striping

blacklawnguy
06-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Hello all,

I have a issue. I have a CZ3815 Husqvarna z-turn with a Check mate striper attached to the back, of course for striping purposes but it is not striping as well or really even at all as some of the more powerful commercial z-turns. What am i doing wrong....could it be the blade being used??? I'm using a mulching blades and going to change it to a high lift blade this week. I usually cut my grass at a length of 4 1/2 to 4 inches to try an enhance the striping effect but its not working quite right or as i said before what am i doing wrong. Is it the mower or the blade. Thanks for all the comments in advance.

J&T Kiev
06-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Yes, do Change out your mulching blades to High Lift blades. And check if the front of the cutter deck, is between an eighth to quarther of an inch lower in measurment then the back of the deck. High lift blades, with the deck pitched correctly, should bring about a noticiable improvment in the mowers striping.

Grits
06-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Hello all,

I have a issue. I have a CZ3815 Husqvarna z-turn with a Check mate striper attached to the back, of course for striping purposes but it is not striping as well or really even at all as some of the more powerful commercial z-turns. What am i doing wrong....could it be the blade being used??? I'm using a mulching blades and going to change it to a high lift blade this week. I usually cut my grass at a length of 4 1/2 to 4 inches to try an enhance the striping effect but its not working quite right or as i said before what am i doing wrong. Is it the mower or the blade. Thanks for all the comments in advance.

What kind of grass are you cutting?
I can stripe St Augustine with o striping attachment using Gator mulching blades.
BTW, I love your user name!!!:laugh: :cool2: :drinkup:

blacklawnguy
06-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Thanks for both post and i hope more to come. As for the cutting deck im not to verse in dropping the front deck so I will have to wait for the dealer to help me with that. But i do plan on having the high lift blades tomorrow so thank you J&T Kiev. Grits I cut Tall Fescue and have over seeded the lawn with Tall Fescue so i hope that helps. Again thanks anymore suggestions???? keep them coming.

STRINGALATION
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
not being funny but do you know how to cut stripes. I just thinking i cut a yard where i laid tall fescue sod and it striped like a star and I have not figured out how to get my bunton that high. at four inches you should have strips without a kit. are you gooing back and forth in opposite directions. i understand what the others are saying but you said that you are barely if any and that sounds fishy. this is a older bunton rbc 36" any riding z should stripe
http://shutter07.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/11/006/5B/F6/BA/78/QC5GYrM0Y-TacUb1FNXiuoqbve7Ju-PK0300.jpg
http://shutter02.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/02/01E/3F/37/81/17/bjdMylcMrxu6IkJADR6qnI2hw9yUzegq0300.jpg

blacklawnguy
06-13-2007, 04:21 AM
Sure i know how to cut stripes....its just a back and forth direction which every way your decide to go. So that not the issue but, good lookin out STRINGALATION. My stripes are very similar to the 1st picture you provided but not as defined. They seem to just be very lite colored. But I will see the difference sometime today when i get my high lift blades...I am getting them in the morning and plan to cut my grass in the afternoon. So I will give everyone who replied updates. Thanks again.

STRINGALATION
06-13-2007, 10:32 AM
also i find that in my own front yard they show better side to side, so alot of factors to consider. the angle the sun travels over a property is crucial. also good grades of grass seem to stripe better. i cut one morning still a littlte damp and made some of the best stripes. and remember folks i just got my first comm mower this past winter i dont claim to know everything i just like trying to help