PDA

View Full Version : Aeration only?

GreenHor7
06-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I am from pa and i have a lawncare business. We have done a few aeration and made decent money. I was wondering if you think i could survive by doing aeration alone. I know its a seasonal business however there seems to be a good demand. Maybe try to work as a sub for other lawn care businesses for aeration.

americanlawn
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
How 'bout trying mowing/lawn applications??? That's where the money is cuz it's not as seasonal. Snow removal is a headache with no winter vacation possible.

Ric3077
06-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Aeration only would be risky in my opinion. I do a ton of it in the spring and even more in the fall...but not everyone aerates some people could care less...but everyone needs to cut the grass. Why not add a few services...or at least add something that will feed you year round...aeration only will get you maybe 3-4 great months that's it.

LindblomRJ
06-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Aereation is very seasonal business espically in the nothern zones. The sub idea might generate some more business. However to sustain steady business I highly doubt one service could be feasible.

boats47
06-12-2007, 06:25 PM
I would not try and survive just on that brother. Why not get a fert program, slice seed, overseed, Aerate, mow. If your in it, get in all the way you will make your money back in a season easy.