PDA

View Full Version : LESCO Ztwo sprayer/spreader = broke again

americanlawn
06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Our one-year waranty recently "expired" .......... so has our Ztwo. It's been in the shop for over 3 weeks now with no "light at the end of the tunnel". Meanwhile, we have lost 3 large customers cuz we did not show up to kill their weeds (acreages). Our unit has been sparingly used, so not many hours on it. Right now, I would return it if I could, but since the warrantee has recently expired, I'm caught between a rock & a hard place. It is at Sprayer Specialties (Grimes, Iowa). They are really busy, yet are trying to solve the problem. So far, they have found 2 wiring probs that were created by the manufacturer.

Anybody else have issues with these expensive units?

knuckles
06-13-2007, 10:54 PM
I also have been having problems with my machine. The tank leaked like a faucet once past half way from the first time I filled it up(3 weeks for part, 10days for repair). Hose line to the booms melted in half due to the exhaust pointing directly at it from about 2in away, in the middle of fertilizing a 10 acre property, impeller motor and impeller assembly went(another month down), pump for liquid didnt work, shop told me I didnt know how to use it then showed me how to do it, which was exactly how I tried before I brought it to them and here we are season 2 and machine is sitting in a trailer with guess what...a bad impeller motor , which may or may not be a factor in the spreader throwing heavy in middle(repair shop thinks motor isnt spinning fast enough. My local lesco reps are great and really helped when they could but basically side stepped the issue of me buying an $8000 lemon. Any ideas as to what action I can take. I like a lot of their products and bought quite a bit of material from them, but I dont think I will buy another bag of fert if this machine isnt functioning. When it works the machine is outstanding for dry and liquid, I just wish I got to use it more :)

lawn king
06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
I posted this in the past and some people jumped ugly all over me. When lesco discontinued the viper (mower) they had some chassis in stock, so they built this Ztwo with them, Its way overpriced and not really engineered too well as you know.