PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy mowers

nitro rookie
06-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Is anyone out there running a Bad Boy mower?
What are your thoughts on them?

Thanks

PerfectEarth
06-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I have NEVER seen one of these mowers on a trailer anywhere in the entire city (or region surrounding) of Louisville, KY. That might tell me something. But who knows....

dougmartin2003
06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
i have seen one in person, and they look pretty good, but the main thing right now is that they dont have the support in some areas, but that is changing and will be better in due time

nitro rookie
06-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I have a dealer right aroound the corner. I'll have to ask about the
parts availabity. How long it will take to get them and etc.
I know there service is 2nd to none around here. But parts is a
must.

12thKY
06-11-2007, 11:43 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=189452

zero_turn_mowers
06-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Everyone here that own's one, they all love them and have a excellent cut and I havent heard of any break downs yet.

Rhinox29
06-12-2007, 01:38 AM
We run them and are very satisfied with them. I have had no problems with dealer support or manufacturer support. The only problem I have had was the starter went out on one of my Kohler engines. But as for the mower itself? a total strong beast. I do not see myself changing anytime soon.

SpruceLandscape
06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm starting research for a new mower purchase which will be at the end of this year of beginning of next year. Mowers that I had in the past were Cub Cadet tank m54, and now I run Walkers. Walkers are great, and I will continue running them on residentials, but I'm looking into getting more into the commercial side. I have been leaning towards a Hustler, but now am very curious about these mowers. The nearest dealer to me is about 40 miles away, which makes service and parts running somewhat of a concern. Speed, quality of cut, soft ride, and durability are all very important to me, especially with this next purchase. I'm trying to stay under $9k for a 60" deck. Those of you that have one, how have they been and what kind of hours do you have on them? How well do they stripe without having to buy a kit? Anyone have the big bagger system and how easy is it to dump and collect in wet grass conditions?? Thanks.

12thKY
06-13-2007, 05:52 PM
How well do they stripe without having to buy a kit?

My Bad Boy leaves little to no stripe, but I like it that way personally for my application. It cuts wet and tall grass excellent, without packing the deck or clumps. I do have some trouble with the cut on limp grass such as tall and fine fescue, but that is mostly on sparse sections. It doesn't cut quite as finished as the ExMark TriVantage that I had but it is close, and without the finicky nature of that deck. Overall it suits me to a "T"

12thKY
06-13-2007, 09:59 PM
How well do they stripe without having to buy a kit?

As sure as I said it didn't stripe, it left some today when I mowed my yard I just changed the deck pitch the other day, but I have mowed with it since then but today was the day :confused:

BlueShieldLawnCare
06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
We are getting ready to purchase a Bad Boy. Have already checked it out, looked it over, talked with the dealer... Awesome thing is the power deck (can raise and lower it by the tiniest tick, rather then only having 7 options or so), and here, if something goes wrong with it, the dealer gives you a loaner to use while yours is being fixed. Pretty handy when you can't wait 2 or 3 weeks to get your mower back!