PDA

View Full Version : what don't you like about your business?

GreenS14
06-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi All,

I am researching the idea of starting my own LC business. I have a reg 9-5, but finding myself wanting to get out from under the desk. I have my reasons for wanting to get into LC, and there is really good advice here on what and how to grow your biz on lawnsite.com.

My question is, what are some things that you dislike most about running your own business? Also everyone says you need to make mistakes to learn. What were your biggest mistakes?

I look forward to picking more of your brains! and hopefully I can return advice in the future. This is a great group!

Thanks.

mcwlandscaping
06-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Paperwork sucks!! that's probably my only complaint, also the phone calls back and forth non stop can get aggrivating but you just have to deal with the fact that that is how you get buiness and make money.

Tadams
06-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I hate waiting on my money to get here. Some people drag out the payment process as long as they can. I love the rain (when we get it!) but I hate wet grass. I hate getting out bid by a few bucks. I hate the high price of gas. The paperwork doesn't bother me that much- that's how you get paid. I hate low-ballers (the ones that have a full time job and only do this on the side and will cut a yard for $20 when it is worth $45). I hate the customers that use these lowballers.

Grits
06-11-2007, 10:52 PM
I hate doing very involved landscape estimates for free, submitting the estimate, and NOT getting the job or hearing back from the person.

I hate knowing that I need more customers.

I hate only being able handle a certain amount of work by myself. (I do have one employee)

I really love what I do and even the few things I hate aren't that bad.

Grits
06-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Oh yeah, I hate that good equipment costs so dang much.