PDA

View Full Version : Walker Gear Box HELP

pclawncare
06-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I am just wondering the gear boxes that actualy drive the wheels can be filled with oil. i have alwase filled with 80-90w gear oil up to the top where the plug is, but is this the correct way or should they not be filled totaly full?

grapeford
06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
My experience has been to put enough in to cover the gears. If you fill it to the top, there's no room for expansion. If you have to keep filling it, then that that's another issue.

pclawncare
06-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Ya this is in my new walker what made me question was that the gear boxes had not been open untill i did yesterday which made me wonder if they were supposed to be full like my older one was

tomo
06-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Ya this is in my new walker what made me question was that the gear boxes had not been open untill i did yesterday which made me wonder if they were supposed to be full like my older one was

hello, if u fill as per manual u will have no problem . Fill up ground drive units till it comes out the fill hole . U will notice that there is more room in the g/box above this fill point . This allows 4 expansion and is where the hydro drive pinion is located [the reason why the fillpoint/ level plug is where it is ]
To allow 4 easier fillng of oil into g/box remove the hand brake plunger .

tomo:waving:

pclawncare
06-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Ok thanks for the answer tomo much appriciated