PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a new Exmark

Raven386
06-11-2007, 11:29 PM
I just bought a new exmark. Lazer Z w/ 28 Kawi. 60" Triton. I got the 3- Bagger Collection and striping kit for it too. And I picked up a BR600. Cant wait, i'll be picking it up later this week. :cool2: the Stihl is awesome. Its so deceiving, i keep thinking there's something wrong with it because its so quiet, but its so damn powerful.

just wanted to share my news, im thrilled! and PJ get ready to do a lot of trimming this week! :laugh:

fiveoboy01
06-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Congrats! I've been looking at the 60/28 Lazer AS and considering buying one simply for the UltraCut deck.

I'd like to hear some reports on the cut of that Triton in different conditions.

I got a BR600 a few weeks ago too, love it, doesn't SOUND like it moves much air but it sure blows my handheld away, that thing stays in the bed of the truck all the time now...

Now all you need is an F-250:)

nitro rookie
06-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Congraulations.

I have the same blower I bought last year. It great to put it on my wife and watch her eyes get big when she opened it up the first time. It kinda pushes
the right hand back like a pressure washer.:laugh:

sildoc
06-12-2007, 12:28 AM
good luck. I just got my first rider hp with trivantage deck. love it so far. Hated the triton deck though. cant go wrong with the br 600. Mine made me so much more last year during the leaf season that I bought another this spring.

Raven386
06-12-2007, 07:37 PM
good luck. I just got my first rider hp with trivantage deck. love it so far. Hated the triton deck though. cant go wrong with the br 600. Mine made me so much more last year during the leaf season that I bought another this spring.

what didnt you like about the Triton? Just wondering what everyone else thinks about them.

wrtenterprises
06-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I have an 07 Lazer HP with the Triton deck, and love it. I also have a Lazer HP with a triVantage deck. In my opinion, there is no comparision. The Triton is hands down the best deck I have ever used on an eXmark. The quality of cut is the only thing these two seem to have in common. The Triton cuts great in wet conditions, and all those in between. My triVantage was always loading up, and double cutting was common. Go with the Triton, but only a very late 06 or an 07. You will not be disappointed....

fiveoboy01
06-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I have an 07 Lazer HP with the Triton deck, and love it. I also have a Lazer HP with a triVantage deck. In my opinion, there is no comparision. The Triton is hands down the best deck I have ever used on an eXmark. The quality of cut is the only thing these two seem to have in common. The Triton cuts great in wet conditions, and all those in between. My triVantage was always loading up, and double cutting was common. Go with the Triton, but only a very late 06 or an 07. You will not be disappointed....

Hmm...

You should start a thread and go into a LOT more detail.

There are many people who would read it, myself included...

Raven, where are the pictures of this new beast? Post em up:)

THEGOLDPRO
06-12-2007, 09:18 PM
nice d0od, you will love it, i have nothing buy good things to say about mine, (lazer-z 60 inch with triton, and striping kit)the striping kit is worth it for sure, i do mostly fields with mine and it mowes them great. let me know how you like the bagger i was maybe going to order one.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/striping.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/striping1.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/striping2.jpg

scag36
06-12-2007, 09:46 PM
i just bought a 52" stander with 23 hp kawi. i will also be pickin it up later this weekcannot wait tell me some things about the stander striping??? stripe kits?

ZX12R
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I bought a Lazer HP 56" Triton with the 23 HP Kawi. I love it,it cuts big grass,wet grass,saves me time and wear and tear on my legs.I am getting a mulch kit soon so I can use it on the smaller houses without making a mess in the beds,streets,and walkways...:) T he only thing I am not crazy about,is the way it stripes in stock form,but,I am used to my Walker and the way it naturally stripes.

sildoc
06-12-2007, 10:12 PM
what didnt you like about the Triton? Just wondering what everyone else thinks about them.

Its striping, the way it threw the grass, not far enough. I used in in spring on lush wet rye and it chunked several times. same conditions the next week and the trivandtage took it with stride.
Tritons changed all the cutting widths so I would have to have yet another length of blade. the trivantage had a 52 so I can use the same blade as my 36.

I am not saying the triton is not a good deck but for my conditions the trivantage works better. I just wished they had the ultra cut deck on the hp.

delphied
06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
beautiful stripes

Raven386
06-15-2007, 09:59 PM
i should be picking her up on monday. when i get it, i will be sure to post pics! with the demos i used, the striping was very disappointing. but it did throw the grass pretty far. i wasnt too impressed with the 31HP B&S engine either.... nothing special IMO, thus why i got the 28hp Kawi. Im sure it will make a difference in the fall, but I honestly won't care because I will be sitting down throughout all my lawns & clean-ups! :weightlifter: did anyone install a striping kit on their mower? if so, is it difficult to do? Can't wait to get it, and not have to worry about bringing it back to the dealer by the end of the day. Ill make sure to post some pics when i get it!

fiveoboy01
06-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Raven did you buy exmark's stripe roller with it or no?

THEGOLDPRO
06-16-2007, 08:14 PM
i should be picking her up on monday. when i get it, i will be sure to post pics! with the demos i used, the striping was very disappointing. but it did throw the grass pretty far. i wasnt too impressed with the 31HP B&S engine either.... nothing special IMO, thus why i got the 28hp Kawi. Im sure it will make a difference in the fall, but I honestly won't care because I will be sitting down throughout all my lawns & clean-ups! :weightlifter: did anyone install a striping kit on their mower? if so, is it difficult to do? Can't wait to get it, and not have to worry about bringing it back to the dealer by the end of the day. Ill make sure to post some pics when i get it!
i installed my striping kit, and it was easy as hall, two brackets 4 bolts, no biggie.

THEGOLDPRO
06-16-2007, 08:14 PM
beautiful stripes
thank you!

NewWave
06-16-2007, 08:19 PM
We purchased an 07 Lazer Z with the 28 hp KAWI and Triton deck. The guys love it. No complaints yet. Gonna add another one next year and sell off the Great Dane Surfer. I'll never own another Great Dane in my life!

Stillwater
06-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Congrats! I've been looking at the 60/28 Lazer AS and considering buying one simply for the UltraCut deck.

I'd like to hear some reports on the cut of that Triton in different conditions.

I got a BR600 a few weeks ago too, love it, doesn't SOUND like it moves much air but it sure blows my handheld away, that thing stays in the bed of the truck all the time now...

Now all you need is an F-250:)

are you saying you strap on a backpack blower to do a blow after a regular mowing? and keep the handheld in the truck? wow, stay in the business for many many many more years and then you will know why I am sprawled out on the floor soiling myself laughing so hard. I learned a very very long time ago that backpacks are for spring fall clean up or when cleaning up heavey stuff after a landscape job. not, never, no way, for mow and goes, the back pack is costing you money dude, and I could give you several reasons why

MOturkey
06-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Congratulations. Exmarks are supposed to be an excellent machine. Nearest dealer to me is 30 miles away, so I have never even looked at one up close.

scag36
06-17-2007, 01:28 PM
changed my mind and cancelled my order on the stander i will be picking up an 07 sentar sport with Rh, a 48" deck and a 19hp kawi.....any info on these machines..dealer says its the most popular machine in jersey

THEGOLDPRO
06-17-2007, 02:23 PM
i should be picking her up on monday. when i get it, i will be sure to post pics! with the demos i used, the striping was very disappointing. but it did throw the grass pretty far. i wasnt too impressed with the 31HP B&S engine either.... nothing special IMO, thus why i got the 28hp Kawi. Im sure it will make a difference in the fall, but I honestly won't care because I will be sitting down throughout all my lawns & clean-ups! :weightlifter: did anyone install a striping kit on their mower? if so, is it difficult to do? Can't wait to get it, and not have to worry about bringing it back to the dealer by the end of the day. Ill make sure to post some pics when i get it!also where did you buy it from raven schmidts????

fiveoboy01
06-17-2007, 06:40 PM
are you saying you strap on a backpack blower to do a blow after a regular mowing? and keep the handheld in the truck? wow, stay in the business for many many many more years and then you will know why I am sprawled out on the floor soiling myself laughing so hard. I learned a very very long time ago that backpacks are for spring fall clean up or when cleaning up heavey stuff after a landscape job. not, never, no way, for mow and goes, the back pack is costing you money dude, and I could give you several reasons why

I'm aware it's costing me more $.

Frankly, I could care less if you're laughing your ass off. I've cut my blow-off time literally in half with it, and that's what matters to me. When I'm squeezed for time I'm looking for any way to reduce job time.

Raven386
06-18-2007, 12:50 AM
well after everything that happened with my local dealer. I went back to them. he gave me a really good deal compared to others... i paid $13,254 (taxes and all) for a 07' Lazer Z w/ 60" Triton, 28 Kawi, Striping Kit, 3-Bagger Collection, Comfort Ride seat suspension, and a Stihl br600, and a set of high lift blades. others were giving me prices of 13K+ before taxes. (without the blower) and Goldpro, amazing stripes! I drove by on Saturday and saw it out there being put together... so hopefully i will be getting a call tomorrow to come pick her up! :cool2: :dancing: :cool2:

THEGOLDPRO
06-18-2007, 10:35 PM
well after everything that happened with my local dealer. I went back to them. he gave me a really good deal compared to others... i paid $13,254 (taxes and all) for a 07' Lazer Z w/ 60" Triton, 28 Kawi, Striping Kit, 3-Bagger Collection, Comfort Ride seat suspension, and a Stihl br600, and a set of high lift blades. others were giving me prices of 13K+ before taxes. (without the blower) and Goldpro, amazing stripes! I drove by on Saturday and saw it out there being put together... so hopefully i will be getting a call tomorrow to come pick her up! :cool2: :dancing: :cool2:awesome man, not a bad price, i paid 9,800 for mine with the striping kit, i wanted the full suspension seat, but just coulden't pull the trigger on the price, lol

also thanks man i appreciate it, its easy to make nice deep stripes on fetalized fields, lol

sildoc
06-18-2007, 11:45 PM
What does a reasonable striping kit cost. I have a 52" trivandtage deck that stripes well with out but would like a little more definition but of course the price will sway my mind.

fiveoboy01
06-19-2007, 12:07 AM
The exmark stripe kit is like 300-400 bucks. It's a roller.

You can make your own with a heavy-duty truck mudflap for maybe 40 bucks at the most.

Raven386
06-19-2007, 11:47 PM
heres a few pics, ill take some new ones tomarrow....

fiveoboy01
06-20-2007, 12:04 AM
So you've cut with it I see...

Tell us about the Triton deck please.

02DURAMAX
06-20-2007, 12:23 AM
very nice mower!!!!...congrats!!

THEGOLDPRO
06-20-2007, 06:48 PM
looking good man, how do you like it so far??? my fav thing about it is the little compartment under the seat, lol i use it all the time.

Raven386
06-22-2007, 12:44 AM
looking good man, how do you like it so far??? my fav thing about it is the little compartment under the seat, lol i use it all the time.

keep all the wrenches and extra bolts in there. The only thing i do not like is the striper. I expected a lot more out of it. Our lescos stripe beautifully so we thought, with a striping kit it would be 10X better.the Triton Compared to the other mowers we have used, Scag,Lesco, & Ferris, IMO I like the exmark the best. It cuts great, nothing gets stuck under the deck. The bagger got clogged today when i tried cutting a very tall hadnt been cut in 2+ weeks lawn. the lawn was thick and it was kinda wet still so. We did cut 4 avg sized lawns and one of our bigger lawns and it completley filled the bagger so that was pretty impressive. Everything else... so far i love it. I found out that i could fit the sucker on the trailer, it said it was 74" with the sucker on it and i have a 6X14 so i just assumed it wouldnt fit, but i tried and it has about an inch of space, but it fits.

- Goldpro how do you have your striper set-up? on the 1st,2nd or 3rd hole?
- Thanks Duramax!!!

THEGOLDPRO
06-23-2007, 06:41 PM
im on the second hole for my striper. thats good to know about the the bagger being able to fit on a 6x14, as thats what i use mostly, so if i do decide to buy the bagger, i know it will fit now.

i usually put im phone and wallet in the little compartment when im mowing my big commercial places.

scag36
06-23-2007, 08:08 PM
i changed my mind and actually got the sentar sport 48" 19hp

Raven386
06-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Ok, i have mine set to the 2nd hole and its not doing anything... is your deck pitched differently or something? I tried everything now... What kind of blades are you using? Trying to find a set that we really like. Thanks !

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2007, 06:03 PM
haha i dunno man mine stripes great, i have a set of highlift blades i believe, and a set that came with it, where do you live in ct??? you should come upto this big ass commercial place we mow, and try it there, it might just be the type of grass your mowing too, most of my yards are really nice lawns which stripe really well.

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2007, 06:05 PM
also what height are you cutting most lawns??i try and mow fairly low, it stripes better like that as well. i mow most of mine on 3-3.5

WildLake
06-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Taller grass stripes much better for me. I put my stripers so they are a 1/4" or so off the pavement at whatever height you cut.

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Taller grass stripes much better for me. I put my stripers so they are a 1/4" or so off the pavement at whatever height you cut.
right but are your stripers attached to the deck, or the machine, ours are on the deck so depending how high or low you cut depends how the striper is

Raven386
06-26-2007, 08:34 AM
we have cut lawns with it that our lesco's stripe beautifully. all our lawns are mowed at 3-3.5 too. and sure ill come up there and cut the place for ya, i will only charge ya 3/4 what you make too! :laugh: im in Stratford...

THEGOLDPRO
06-26-2007, 09:24 PM
we have cut lawns with it that our lesco's stripe beautifully. all our lawns are mowed at 3-3.5 too. and sure ill come up there and cut the place for ya, i will only charge ya 3/4 what you make too! :laugh: im in Stratford...
haha i meant for testing purposes, lol im in southbury.

WildLake
06-27-2007, 07:15 PM
I use the exmark striper. I always cut the same height, if anything I will hit an overgrown lawn a little higher, still stipes great when I raise it up.