PDA

View Full Version : Small walk-way Job I did...

02DURAMAX
06-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Here is a small front walk-way job i did...let me know what you guys think..:)

Before...

02DURAMAX
06-11-2007, 11:15 PM
After...I will be filling the edge with dirt and seeding tommorow...:usflag:

02DURAMAX
06-11-2007, 11:17 PM
few more...the last two may look better as of color...

THEGOLDPRO
06-11-2007, 11:18 PM
looks very very good man, nice work!

abloom
06-11-2007, 11:50 PM
I agree, very nice!!!:)

02DURAMAX
06-12-2007, 12:07 AM
thanks guys!!!....and sorry for posting it on the wrong section..

1MajorTom
06-12-2007, 12:14 AM
thanks guys!!!....and sorry for posting it on the wrong section..
nah, either forum is ok to post it in. just figured it would give you the most exposure here where i'm sure all the hardscaping guys really look.

i think those homeowners made a big improvement to their landscape by electing to have their walkway re-done. they should be really pleased. :clapping:

mebergstran
06-12-2007, 12:47 AM
that's quite an improvement! looks good!

SSS 18734
06-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Much better!

fiveoboy01
06-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Looks nice...

I'm completely ignorant on this stuff, so a question for my own "education", lol...

Are those all individual bricks?

And what is the black thingie on the edge in your 2nd and 3rd pictures of your last post?

And what is the

sheshovel
06-12-2007, 02:38 AM
Great job looks very well done.

cgland
06-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Your overall work looks good, but i think your excavation was a little narrow. You should have excavated 6" on either side. I wonder how you got your edge restraint in. Other than that, nice work.

chris

grasswhacker
06-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Nice job. What was the cost of materials for that if you don't mind? I am thinking about doing something like that around my house, while we're in a drought.

MarcSmith
06-12-2007, 06:58 AM
good quality of work, but...there's always a but....the Ho could have had a company come in and "stamp" their concrete for a lot less and woudl have looked great. I would have pushed for changing the size/shape of the walk rather than just redoing what they had...

The grass "square" could have been a nice landscaped bed with annual colors and other shrubs and I would have made the interface between the drive and walk closer to the street, by 5 feet or so and a touch larger that way when people get out of their cars they have a place to step out onto rather than stepping in the grass...

Of course you very well might have proposed all of this, but were hampered by the HO's budget.

nice job just the same....

Bill S
06-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Of course not knowing what the HO wanted it is easy to sit back and be the armchair quarterback.

With that said, I will assume HO wanted exactly what is there. I would (and maybe this was done) provide two options, one exactly how the HO requested. The second would be tweaked to how I thought it might look good. This would allow for a bit more upselling and maybe give them some ideas that they had not considered. Also, they may think for only a "few more bucks" lets go with the upgraded design.

Just my 2 cents....

MarcSmith
06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Of course not knowing what the HO wanted it is easy to sit back and be the armchair quarterback.

Absolutely correct....

I was just "if it was my house this is what I would have done..." no harm no foul no offense intended...

Men you pulled the concrete slabs out, did you reuse the old base or put new in....

02DURAMAX
06-12-2007, 05:18 PM
good quality of work, but...there's always a but....the Ho could have had a company come in and "stamp" their concrete for a lot less and woudl have looked great. I would have pushed for changing the size/shape of the walk rather than just redoing what they had...

The grass "square" could have been a nice landscaped bed with annual colors and other shrubs and I would have made the interface between the drive and walk closer to the street, by 5 feet or so and a touch larger that way when people get out of their cars they have a place to step out onto rather than stepping in the grass...

Of course you very well might have proposed all of this, but were hampered by the HO's budget.

nice job just the same....

Thanks fo the comments....As for concrete they don't like it but she did think of that....And i did it just how it was because the village did not let her go wider....or i would have done that..

02DURAMAX
06-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Nice job. What was the cost of materials for that if you don't mind? I am thinking about doing something like that around my house, while we're in a drought.

sent you a PM..

02DURAMAX
06-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Absolutely correct....

I was just "if it was my house this is what I would have done..." no harm no foul no offense intended...

Men you pulled the concrete slabs out, did you reuse the old base or put new in....

NO, i did not use the old base I put in 7" of Grade 8 Gravel...

ill post some pic's..

02DURAMAX
06-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Here are the base pic's...

kemmer
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
few more...the last two may look better as of color...

looks good, but in the last pic of the first post you put the corner in the wrong way, you flipped it. lol

02DURAMAX
06-12-2007, 10:49 PM
looks good, but in the last pic of the first post you put the corner in the wrong way, you flipped it. lol

It is like because i have been trying some new way of making cuts faster....and the the way i started to do it you have to put in the plastic edging last....so insted of 1-2 hours of cutting it took me 30min...just some new thing i have been trying out..:rolleyes:

RedMax Man
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Huge improvement, looks nice. Do you do alot of hardscaping?

02DURAMAX
06-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Huge improvement, looks nice. Do you do alot of hardscaping?

Yes we do.....thanks for the comments..

steve in Pa.
06-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I agree with cg about 6" wider than your walkway for stone. It looks good but i would have flared out the end by driveway and changed the other end for the small area by door by curving it into area instead of that wierd angle. what did you use for you setting sand? nice 45's by the way!

02DURAMAX
06-14-2007, 12:37 AM
I agree with cg about 6" wider than your walkway for stone. It looks good but i would have flared out the end by driveway and changed the other end for the small area by door by curving it into area instead of that wierd angle. what did you use for you setting sand? nice 45's by the way!

Everything you guys are saying i thought about......as for flaring out the end we were going to do that but when she asked the inspector about it he said no,....and the maximun with is 3' 1"...I used Torpedo sand...

hoskm01
06-14-2007, 06:28 AM
sent you a PM..

Wont you share with all of us?

02DURAMAX
06-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Wont you share with all of us?

If you do hardscaping you should have an idea of what the price would be for materials..