PDA

View Full Version : how far

bare spot
06-12-2007, 12:37 AM
wondering how far some of u will travel to a dealer or two bacause a the closer ones could care less about u or your buisness? bare spot

PerfectEarth
06-12-2007, 12:44 AM
For my Stihl stuff, I go the the FURTHEST dealer out of the three I have available in the "near" area. Bought two honda tillers from them too- when I could have got them much closer. Their service and ATTENTION has meant a lot to me. I stick with ONE guy behind the counter who knows me and what I've bought.

KS_Grasscutter
06-12-2007, 01:08 AM
I have dealt exclusively with two dealers, one about 3 miles across town, one about 10 miles west of town. I am kinda fed up with both of them, and am gonna start buying stuff at a dealership my neighbor owns, about 4 miles across town. This of course means switching from Stihl to Kawasaki (did NOT like stihl anyway though) and will probably switch from Dixon (which is now basically a Yazoo/Kees anyway) to Toro. Also probably going to buy a Cub Cadet walkbehind in the future, but not sure what I am gonna do on that. Went to a dealer in Wichita (45 miles) to look at one, they told me to buy it at Home Depot, so that one is obviously out. There is another CC dealer, clear on the opposite side of Wichita that I will probably buy from. Want to add a Walker mower in the next couple years, closest dealer for them is in Wichita. So I guess the farthest I would go for a dealer is about 50 miles.

MeadowsLawnCare
06-12-2007, 02:46 AM
I bought my toro from about 45 miles away.

MSS Mow
06-12-2007, 08:01 AM
about 100 miles...one way for both my Kubota and Massey Ferguson dealers.