PDA

View Full Version : how's my pricing?

grassmasterswilson
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
i am in a town of about 50000 just east of raleigh nc. wanted to check with you guys and see how close I was to the industry price range. I am also a one man show.

mowing - residential 40/hr
commercial 50/hr

spraying - 2-4 dollors per 1000 sq ft

pine straw $1.50 plus cost per bale

mulch cost times 2

pruning 50/hr

just curious what you guys thought

Bigray
06-12-2007, 05:22 PM
i think you are a little low!
my area mech. chg's. a shop rate of 68.oo per hour to work on my stuff. that's one way of gauging how much to chg.

Bigray
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
truck
ins.
gas
trailer
equipment.
taxes
accountant
repairs / parts
maintence
phone
advertising
office supplies
computer
internet
just some of the basic costs of being in business

and if you own your stuff, you need to chg. for it ! cause one day it will need replaced.

topsites
06-12-2007, 05:57 PM
That's about where I was in my 4th year here in Richmond VA, as a heads up I did make the move to $45 pmh residential during that same year. I moved up from there, but I miss $45 / hour sometimes just because it was such an easy rate to work with, it really is, 40 is not bad on the mind either.

It always takes time to complete such a move, might have to grandfather clause some accounts but it's an easy skip jump from 40 - 45, just figure 75 cents / minute and you're there, 20 minutes = $15 works too :)

coif_kid
06-12-2007, 09:38 PM
I think you're pricing is fairly good. All depends on the market there as well.

To the last poster, I definitely don't think that a solo lawn operation should be grossing the same amount as a mechanic, as there is more of a skill curve to being a mechanic. I understand that a LCO must charge accordingly with their costs, but to say that their prices should be on par with a mechanic would be a fallacy.

deereequipment
06-12-2007, 09:39 PM
why would you mow residential cheaper than commercial?

I'll go as low as $35 an hour, but shoot for $45 - $60.

ExecutiveLawns
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
My general rule is $1.00 per minute on the property but most jobs are flat rate so we try to bid them based on what we think it will take time wise to mow and trim. If we think it will take 3 guys 60 min we would bid it at $180 if we get the job and it we can pull it off in 55 min then thats an extra $15 in my bank.