PDA

View Full Version : Watering....

green-pa
06-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Does anyone charge for watering? I'm losing lots of business because of this drought and most of my customers don't take the time to water their lawns. They are turning yellow. Do any of u offer watering services? Especially to the elderly who don't think they can even do that? How much sprinkling do u think it would take to help the grass grow? Like an hour of sprinkling? Just wondering if this could be a way to make some money during down time as well as get the grass in shape again to mow?

YardMedic
06-12-2007, 07:12 PM
When I was just getting into this, I did it a few places (running sprinklers for a few hours late night or early morning). 1 customer (guy in his early 40's) travelled 3-5 days each month, and he never watered his lawn adequately when he was home. He'd ask us to watch the yard when he was gone, so we'd purposely leave the sprinklers running all night for a couple nights in a row. Not the best business practice, but it made things look better overall.

I'd try to sell irrigation to customers in place of your watering service. Just a thought