PDA

View Full Version : My 1st experience with Toro!!!

McCarty'sLawncare
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey all Im from Florida and ofcourse most of the guys here cut St. Augustine grass. I went down to a Toro dealer today to check out the new hydro walk behind with the floating deck. I knew that Toro owns exmark they are both the same. Ofcourse the walk behind mower I saw has the Turbo Force deck available on it also. The dealer said.... The exmark walk behinds like the TT or TTHP have the same deck design. But the Toro walk behinds have a stronger deck which means better quality of cut in his words... This walk behind had the new T2 control system which came out this year. This was a 52 inch brand new out the door for 6300.00 19 hp Kaw. I took this baby for a test drive and got to test it on some bahia grass and some of those so-called wire weeds. The cut was beautiful for a fast speed. Has anybody out there bought one of these NEW Turbo Force walk behinds yet? If so please share your experience... Thanks

cgaengineer
07-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey all Im from Florida and ofcourse most of the guys here cut St. Augustine grass. I went down to a Toro dealer today to check out the new hydro walk behind with the floating deck. I knew that Toro owns exmark they are both the same. Ofcourse the walk behind mower I saw has the Turbo Force deck available on it also. The dealer said.... The exmark walk behinds like the TT or TTHP have the same deck design. But the Toro walk behinds have a stronger deck which means better quality of cut in his words... This walk behind had the new T2 control system which came out this year. This was a 52 inch brand new out the door for 6300.00 19 hp Kaw. I took this baby for a test drive and got to test it on some bahia grass and some of those so-called wire weeds. The cut was beautiful for a fast speed. Has anybody out there bought one of these NEW Turbo Force walk behinds yet? If so please share your experience... Thanks

Just got one this weekend...great machine...controls, quality of cut...I like everything about it!

mirrorlandscapes
07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I got a 40" floating deck with T-bar this spring. I love it!! I bought it to do the smaller residentials and it goes just about anywhere. It squeezes thru gates and fits in some pretty tight spots. The quality of cut is excellent (when the blades are sharp), but sometimes leaves the long stems of weeds (like plantain and dandelion) uncut. The only thing I don't like about the 40" deck is the lack of space under the deck. They put such massive spindles and housing on it that it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for grass flow. In the spring, if I wanted the excellent cut quality I'd have to clean the deck twice a day.

Other than that, it's an awesome mower.

cgaengineer
07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I myself got the 40" and noticed it had trouble on longer grass...but hey...it does better than my 21"!

Vikings
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
MY Toro 36.. I put a mulch kit on it and it does great when Going in a straight line but if your on a curve or turning, it can leave uncut grass between the blades.

The mulch blades the came with the mulch kit are actually slightly shorter then the original ones that came with the machine.