PDA

View Full Version : Toro warranty - Dealer ?'s mowing practice

meets1
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I have a Toro Z 500 series (I think) that has 575 hours on it, year an half old and we ran the wheel motor out which destroyed the hydro pump (according to dealer)

He says that were rough on the equipment like spinning wheels, turning on cement ect. Then threatens not to warrenty the mower.

He has had this mower since last Friday and just ordered parts today. Thursday at the earliest - now he has no other mower that he will let us use and I need the Z. So now I think I will rent a used Kubota (132hrs) and he was like well go ahead. I think for the hassle - some one else should pick up the tab?

Maybe I am just venting to much here but after the last couple years and $100K from my toro dealer - now nothing.

I have three other Z's running, 3 toro 44's wb and I don't have an extra mower sitting around like some of you guys. But I am thinking about it now.

delphied
06-12-2007, 09:57 PM
The next one wouldnt be a Toro from that goof ball would it?

MOturkey
06-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Buy a Gravely. Wheel motor went out on my 250Z two weeks after the warranty period ended. Gravely replaced it, and I just paid the labor on installation.

KS_Grasscutter
06-12-2007, 10:16 PM
I would tell the dealer where to stick it, and go find a new dealer.

sildoc
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I would tell the dealer where to stick it, and go find a new dealer.

yep. dealers are worth their weight in gold if they are good.

LCPullman
06-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Sounds like you have a bad dealer. You should see if there is a better Toro dealer around.
From what I know of Toro, the company, you should be taken care of no problem. You could always try jumping the dealer and going higher (talk to Toro or to the distributor).

tomo
06-13-2007, 03:13 AM
I have a Toro Z 500 series (I think) that has 575 hours on it, year an half old and we ran the wheel motor out which destroyed the hydro pump (according to dealer)

He says that were rough on the equipment like spinning wheels, turning on cement ect. Then threatens not to warrenty the mower.

He has had this mower since last Friday and just ordered parts today. Thursday at the earliest - now he has no other mower that he will let us use and I need the Z. So now I think I will rent a used Kubota (132hrs) and he was like well go ahead. I think for the hassle - some one else should pick up the tab?

Maybe I am just venting to much here but after the last couple years and $100K from my toro dealer - now nothing.

I have three other Z's running, 3 toro 44's wb and I don't have an extra mower sitting around like some of you guys. But I am thinking about it now.

hello, hydraulic wheel motor and pump failure and u would assume metal thru out system . Was there any suggestion by your dealer to replace all hoses due to metal impregnation in to the rubber .The metal particals will release over time . [Very few hoses on a ztr anyway] Also flush out resivour and strip and cleanout opposite side motor and pump . This is the only way u can be assured there is no remaining metal .

tomo:waving:

meets1
06-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Dealer told me that as well but he'll only do what the company will let him under warrenty. I ask to flush everything and he told me, well at $45/hour, it will run x amount and that is your decision cuz if the other pump goes, then I have to pay for that.

I have a brand new kubota rented for the next two days for sure and we'll see what happens.

tomo
06-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Dealer told me that as well but he'll only do what the company will let him under warrenty. I ask to flush everything and he told me, well at $45/hour, it will run x amount and that is your decision cuz if the other pump goes, then I have to pay for that.

I have a brand new kubota rented for the next two days for sure and we'll see what happens.

hello, 4 the pump maker to warranty the pump ,the mower maker**** must MUST MUST ********authorise install pump into a clean enviroment otherwise it sounds like somebody is passing there responsibility on [buck passing cheap skates etc]
Eg if the brake disc pad on your car failed 4 no reason and the pad then grooved up the disc the maker is still responsible 4 cost even though it is secondary damage [vehicle under waranty]
Leaving any metal in system will shorten life of replacement and affect replacements warranty.This is truly a very unusal case as flushing /decontamination is always done

The procedure as mentioned b4 for repairing small hydraulic systems such as in a mower is standard practice
Warranty should cover 95% of job cost providing the user is not at fault .Providing all info u r providing is accurate .
The whole job is to return the mower to its condition prior to failure. If the pump /wheel motor failure has caused other parts to fail this is not your resposibility. Eg thats why some ztr have split systems so one system cannot cause issuses with the opposite side

tomo:waving:
ps machine is under warranty is it not ?? The dealer sounds"" in a nice way "" LIKE A #%^*^%$## head

saw man
06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
You spent $100K at your dealer and only have 1 Z to use?

I am sure he is not trying to be an a$$ to you, he may just want to get paid and feels Toro may not pay him on this. I dont know, just saying you should not get pissed at him or he wont work with you. Go in, be nice and see what can be done.