PDA

View Full Version : they dont have what I want

smcunningham
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
The dealer i buy all my supplies from....only sells hustler/wright/ferris/walker/encore/dixon and dixie chopper.
problem is my next new mower purchase is gonna be another scag
and i've demoed my current dealers wright and hustler....just dont fit my needs....have three scag dealers within same distance as current dealer.
i have never bought a new machine from my current dealer but have spent thousands in parts and repairs in the past few years....sometimes when i need certain parts that day for my scags they can't get for a few days and i go elswhere that have them in stock ie;scag dealer..they know this and understand I need it that day. so they tell me that so and so would probaly have it in stock. i just like there customer service and honesty
What do you all think....I've always delt with them for everything how do you think there gonna feel when I show up one day for parts and i got a new turf tiger on my trailer...

DOLMARatOS
06-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I'd say not to worry.

As a dealer myself, your business as a service and parts customer is more valuable to them than a single new sale. If you bought the same brand as they sell from another dealer, then they have a right to be a little pizzed.

If you're still buying parts and getting service from them then you are still a good customer. You gave them an honest chance but you want a brand they don't handle, it happens.

sildoc
06-13-2007, 12:08 AM
I wouldn't worry to much. the mark up in parts and labor is much greater than a new sale once.

tallimeca
06-13-2007, 12:17 AM
i would just grab the guys you deal with at the dealership and tell them how you feel. Not that you owe an explaination of what your buying, but it will make things smoother if you decide to bring it there for service and parts in the future. Trust me, the money they are loosing on the sale isn't going to put them out of buisness. Parts and service is where a dealer makes thier money.

Had a customer come in and gave me the opportunity to match a price on a 48 belt drive scag with an exmark. He knew the owner and he got a deal I could have matched, but it wasn't worth it to me to do so. It would have been a brake even if i was lucky, but certainly wouldn't have made money.

I told him right out that most of his accounts are closer to the area where he's buying the scag, and for that price, it would be foolish for him not to buy it that way he can get parts and service rather than driving 20 miles to bring it to me.

Just being honest.

But, i was glad he told me because i have done buisness with him for ...over 10 years now and if he showed up with a brand new scag i would have been upset.

smcunningham
06-13-2007, 01:00 AM
thanks for the insight fellows

Sammy
06-13-2007, 01:23 AM
The dealer i buy all my supplies from....only sells hustler/wright/ferris/walker/encore/dixon and dixie chopper.
problem is my next new mower purchase is gonna be another scag

Thats alot more choices than most dealers have ! :)