PDA

View Full Version : Toros new walk behind controls

John Gamba
06-13-2007, 07:14 AM
I guess its for the hydro walks. has antbody seen this??

MarcSmith
06-13-2007, 07:30 AM
they are calling it the t2-t-bar...you would think that they'd Borrows the ECS from Exmark....it looks a lot like the older snapper pro hydro hydro hoops from the mid 90's...

John Gamba
06-13-2007, 07:40 AM
they are calling it the t2-t-bar...you would think that they'd Borrows the ECS from Exmark....it looks a lot like the older snapper pro hydro hydro hoops from the mid 90's...

Hay Marc:waving:

It looks alot like Gravelys Pro-steer and the one Ransom has on there walks. The one problem i see is if you are on a Sulky, they are hard to control with that type control.

I wish they would go the ECS type. Hay do you know if the Turbo force Deck thats on the walks are 5.5" deep like on the riders??? i hear there only 5" deep:cry: :confused:

MarcSmith
06-13-2007, 08:43 AM
don't know....

I will say though those types of controls are best used with the velky's that stay behind the mower in a fixed location. IE velky's with the casters, like the rocket wheels...

John Gamba
06-13-2007, 09:17 AM
don't know....

I will say though those types of controls are best used with the velky's that stay behind the mower in a fixed location. IE velky's with the casters, like the rocket wheels...

That type of sulky"fixed" are very long in turns and you can lose traction turning up hill or turning on soft ground.I think with that type control its hard to hold on to the mower on bumpy ground.

MarcSmith
06-13-2007, 09:48 AM
correct, they act like the Walker the ass end kicks out in turns....but it keeps all hands on the controls even in sharp turns and you can back up with having to worry about the velky /sulky jack-knifing and breaking your ankle...

John Gamba
06-13-2007, 10:53 AM
correct, they act like the Walker the ass end kicks out in turns....but it keeps all hands on the controls even in sharp turns and you can back up with having to worry about the velky /sulky jack-knifing and breaking your ankle...

Fixed sulkies you need to do Two perimeter cuts,you lose traction on wet soft turf,you can go backwards but if you hit something you can go for a ride you didnt expect.

The good news is you stay behind the controls.Wheres the ECS Toro:hammerhead: :)

LawnBrother
06-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Nice. I think that looks like an improvement over the t-bar. Maybe now I can finally buy a toro hydro wb.

John Gamba
06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Nice. I think that looks like an improvement over the t-bar. Maybe now I can finally buy a toro hydro wb.

Try and demo it with a sulky. Let us know what you think:)

McCarty'sLawncare
06-13-2007, 09:41 PM
I demo'ed one yesterday with some bahia grass. As for the mower and the features I loved it. The part I didnt love was for a 52'' out the door was 6300.00 as for the control system I liked it. It would take some getting used too. But for those sharp turns I would feel much more comfortable walking behind it. The handles are height adjustable. I'm thinking about buying one I loved the construction of the deck. They admitted it cuts better then the TT or the TTHP : )

regl
06-13-2007, 10:07 PM
I demo'ed one yesterday with some bahia grass. As for the mower and the features I loved it. The part I didnt love was for a 52'' out the door was 6300.00 as for the control system I liked it. It would take some getting used too. But for those sharp turns I would feel much more comfortable walking behind it. The handles are height adjustable. I'm thinking about buying one I loved the construction of the deck. They admitted it cuts better then the TT or the TTHP : )

Has something changed with the Turf Tracers? I have a four year old TTHP and I haven't seen anything around here that cuts better.

McCarty'sLawncare
06-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Dont know but the guy said the toro and the exmark has the same deck design. But the Toro deck is better built and has a better air flow to it. In his words...

LCPullman
06-13-2007, 10:20 PM
I will be trying one out this weekend, so I let you know what I think.

McCarty'sLawncare
06-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah please do... I had a hard time trying to find one on the floor. The dealer said if I buy one he can have it in the next day. I saw plenty of the fix deck walk behinds but I had to drive 30 mins. after calling 3 4 toro dealers and only 1 had the Turbo force w/b I seen the TTHP's If you ask me I think the new Toro is more for its buck. But then I hear that ECS system is the best. Looking forward to your feed back... Thanks

John Gamba
06-14-2007, 06:42 AM
6300 bucks is a rip off. can someone try it with a sulky???? thats where the difference comes in on a demo with this type control.

John Gamba
06-14-2007, 06:44 AM
They admitted it cuts better then the TT or the TTHP : )

Whos they??? Have you tried an ultracut in your area?? Have you tried the ECS??

For 6300 here you get the 60" ultra, 23 Kaw, ECS TT.

McCarty'sLawncare
06-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Hey all as for they and I know I heard every dealer is gonna say their equipment is top of the line. I demoed the new Toro w/b with a fixed sulky.. I dont know much about them. As for the Sulky I didnt like it but it was my 1st time on one. Maybe Im not used to it? As for they, the sales guy said Toro and exmark have the same deck design in his words Toro owns exmark basically same company but the Toro deck which is the Turbo force has a thicker steel frame and its deeper then the TT or the TTHP. I also talked with a few friends that work at dealer that sells exmark and gravely. They did say Exmark is a great mower BUT the Toro's are better built as for the deck. Better deck better air flow better quality of cut. This is gonna be my 1st big commercial walk behind. I will accept the fact that I dont know much about the bigger commercial mowers because I never owned one. I am stating what the Toro dealer said and what the exmark dealer said. Please correct me if Im wrong about anything. Thanks

McCarty'sLawncare
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
I did test drive a 2006 TTHP 52'' floating. I'd rather walk behind one... I am 5'9 in height. The ECS controls are pretty high up when your feet are on the ground. Or is it just me the controls on the new Toro are height adjustable the TT or the TTHP does not.

Pristine PM
06-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I own a 48inch 2007 machine and it is a beauty. The cut is great, the controls are smooth and easy to work. I have no complaints about it at all, I don't use a sulky, but it holds hills great and I paid $6400 CAD.

causalitist
06-15-2007, 04:20 AM

i hope its like the snapper loops! i'll buy one, those were sooo comfortable. way less fatiguing than the t-bar. t-bar actually kinda sux compared to the snapper loops.

John Gamba
06-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey all as for they and I know I heard every dealer is gonna say their equipment is top of the line. I demoed the new Toro w/b with a fixed sulky.. I dont know much about them. As for the Sulky I didnt like it but it was my 1st time on one. Maybe Im not used to it? As for they, the sales guy said Toro and exmark have the same deck design in his words Toro owns exmark basically same company but the Toro deck which is the Turbo force has a thicker steel frame and its deeper then the TT or the TTHP. I also talked with a few friends that work at dealer that sells exmark and gravely. They did say Exmark is a great mower BUT the Toro's are better built as for the deck. Better deck better air flow better quality of cut. This is gonna be my 1st big commercial walk behind. I will accept the fact that I dont know much about the bigger commercial mowers because I never owned one. I am stating what the Toro dealer said and what the exmark dealer said. Please correct me if Im wrong about anything. Thanks

I think the TF deck on the walks are 5" deep? the Ultracut is 5.5" deep and the tryvantage is 5"deep. I do belive the TF on the riders is 5.5" deep.

TXNSLighting
06-15-2007, 10:29 AM
i really like my t-bar. i guess im the only one. but i will definately be checking out this new one. its about time to trade my w/b anyways.

John Gamba
06-15-2007, 10:38 AM
i really like my t-bar. i guess im the only one. but i will definately be checking out this new one. its about time to trade my w/b anyways.

Please let us know Big Tex:)

ed2hess
06-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Those controls look like you are going to have to have 8" long fingars to operate it unless I don't understand it. The biggest problem we have with all hydro units like Snapper or Scag is you need big hands.....unfortunately most works have small hands.

RedMax Man
06-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I like my T-Bar Toro. I don't like pistol grips but i think the ESC is probably one of the Best on Walk Behinds. The best thing about the Tbar is you don't have to have both hands always on each end, you can hold anywhere across the bar.

LCPullman
06-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Tried out the new T-Bar today, it was a 40" model that the sales rep got me.
I was really impressed with the ease of use of this thing. Handles so much better on hills than the Trimstar's I have now.
Here are some pictures.

LCPullman
06-16-2007, 12:11 AM
And some more pictures.

The Turbo Force deck on the floating deck walk behinds is 5.5" deep.

The controls don't require eight inch fingers, see the second picture.

LCPullman
06-16-2007, 12:20 AM
I was really impressed with the mower.
You see from the pictures that you have the center bar and then a forward reference bar and a reverse reference bar.
It is really easy to use, but you still have completely independent control over each wheel (just like PG), something the H-Bar does not have.
It is lightly spring loaded to neutral, so when you drop the handle bar, the mower stops driving and the blade cuts out. The engine keeps running though, which is nice.
The mower seems really well balanced, it was not all that apt to nose down the hill like my other mowers.

It is well-engineered and built really strong.

If you have any specific questions, just ask me and I will tell you what I know.

fiveoboy01
06-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Looks nice!

So in essence the two levers work identically to the control levers on a ZTR right? With the refrence bars to grab onto?

If you let go of the levers do they return to neutral?

LCPullman
06-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Looks nice!

So in essence the two levers work identically to the control levers on a ZTR right? With the refrence bars to grab onto?

That's right.

If you let go of the levers do they return to neutral?

Yes, they return to neutral.

fiveoboy01
06-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Damn, I think I'd maybe like those controls better than the ECS...

Is there a seperate speed control lever like the exmarks or is the speed solely controlled by the levers?

LCPullman
06-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Damn, I think I'd maybe like those controls better than the ECS...

Is there a seperate speed control lever like the exmarks or is the speed solely controlled by the levers?

The speed is solely controlled by the levers. The levers are virtually effortless to operate, so it is really effortless to hold a speed steady even when it is lower than top speed.

The spring to neutral is enough to bring the bars to neutral if you release them, but when your running the machine, you really don't feel the spring tension.

fiveoboy01
06-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Well I just looked at Toro's website...

The T2 goes up to 52", but the 60" floater/23 Kawi is only available with pistol grips - lame. I want to add a 60" mower either later this year or next spring but undecided on if it's going to be a Z or WB. If I could get the 60" with the T2 controls I think I'd buy that over the TT with the ECS.

Impressive mower nonetheless.

John Gamba
06-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Great Pics!! thank you for telling us about the controls. Can you try this mower with a sulky????? thats what i'm looking for?? I would like to see this control also on the 23,60" walk.

John Gamba
06-16-2007, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=LCPullman;1865790]And some more pictures.

The Turbo Force deck on the floating deck walk behinds is 5.5" deep.

QUOTE]

Pullman

Did you measure the deck or did the guy tell you that its 5.5" deep? To put the Ultracut on the Turf tracer they had to go to a 18" rear tire.I'll see if someone has one here to look at.they could of lowered the rear mounts??

Can someone try this mower with a sulky?? i'll give it a try but no one seems to have one here.

LCPullman
06-16-2007, 10:22 AM
I checked the deck out, it is 5.5" deep. Now, I think it's quite possible that the fixed deck model is only 5" deep, I didn't measure the fixed deck, but back when I looked at it, it didn't seem as deep.

I didn't try it with a sulky, but because of the reference bars, I think a sulky would work pretty well.

The carrier frame does go up from the caster wheels and then down some to bolt on to the engine deck.

John Gamba
06-16-2007, 12:39 PM
I checked the deck out, it is 5.5" deep. Now, I think it's quite possible that the fixed deck model is only 5" deep, I didn't measure the fixed deck, but back when I looked at it, it didn't seem as deep.

I didn't try it with a sulky, but because of the reference bars, I think a sulky would work pretty well.

The carrier frame does go up from the caster wheels and then down some to bolt on to the engine deck.

Real cool:cool2: Happiness is a 5.5" deep deck:cool2: :waving:

McCarty'sLawncare
06-16-2007, 04:19 PM
:::Clears throat:::::: :cool2: So exmark and Toro hmmm:laugh:

John Gamba
06-16-2007, 04:59 PM
:::Clears throat:::::: :cool2: So exmark and Toro hmmm:laugh:

Toro has a little mower for big dollars??????? Lets get the big air cleaner on that 52,19 for 6300:)

ed2hess
06-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Looks like these are exactly the same as the Wright Sentar Sport....the only thing about them is that on Wright the control is a little jerky and takes a little experience, but they are nice. Does take pretty long fingers on Wright.

John Gamba
06-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Looks like these are exactly the same as the Wright Sentar Sport....the only thing about them is that on Wright the control is a little jerky and takes a little experience, but they are nice. Does take pretty long fingers on Wright.

Lets get a sulky on it:hammerhead:

McCarty'sLawncare
06-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok.... John got me on that one. :laugh: Hopefully the price will drop down in a little while. Knowing it just came out and its something new... I'm still stuck using a HRC216HXA on thick Turf St. augutine and these are half an acre yards. :confused: I was thinking of getting a 36" floating hydro knowing the 52" w/b Toro weighs around 650 lbs. But that 36" Toro isnt gonna weigh much less. I do alot of lake sides so that ground gets soft in some areas. The 21" mower is a job catcher thats the only thing i like about it... :)

John Gamba
06-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Ok.... John got me on that one. :laugh: Hopefully the price will drop down in a little while. Knowing it just came out and its something new... I'm still stuck using a HRC216HXA on thick Turf St. augutine and these are half an acre yards. :confused: I was thinking of getting a 36" floating hydro knowing the 52" w/b Toro weighs around 650 lbs. But that 36" Toro isnt gonna weigh much less. I do alot of lake sides so that ground gets soft in some areas. The 21" mower is a job catcher thats the only thing i like about it... :)

Did you look at the Quick 36? Talk to me:)

McCarty'sLawncare
06-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah I did look at the quick 36" Call me crazy but... I really want like that new Toro or an exmark plus i wouldnt mind spending 4700 to 6300 for a mower that I can have fun with... Plus the benefits plus it makes me look cool... :laugh:

McCarty'sLawncare
06-16-2007, 08:26 PM
I took all these jobs from this guy that was using a Hustler Super Z 52" I think? Its in this muti-million dollar neighborhood. The guy that did it before tore up these yards getting done in 15-25 mins. Im making around 250.00 -300.00 a month including using a 21" mower edging weed eating and etc. trimming, and weed control. Each yard takes me around 3-4 hrs. I know if I got a nice 52" Toro or an Exmark. I wouldnt have jobs coming in this quick. Plus it makes the customers very happy. But then u tell yourself hey if Im spending this much time using a 21" Honda Im not gonnd beable to do 10-15 yards a day. I been keeping a close eye on my truck also making sure nobody comes up and slashes my tires. :clapping:

McCarty'sLawncare
06-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Sorry thats 250.00 -300.00 a month per. account. Because of this HRC216HXA I got around 6 accounts on the same street making some big bucks with these accounts. When I demo'ed that 6300.00 dollar Toro 52" I fell in love saying man!!! My job would be fun with this mower compared to a 21 " but then something pops up in my mind.. Hmm I can buy this and risk losing all my other jobs then I would be like everybody else... Is different good or not.... Even if it means ripping yourself off? lol

Envy Lawn Service
06-17-2007, 02:55 AM
I like this mower...

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82918&stc=1&d=1181963186

It's about time they got a float deck Turbo Force walk with ZTR-type controls.
Easy on the hands, good on the grass.

But I too would like to see the controls on the 60" with a 25hp Kawasaki and canister filter.

TXNSLighting
06-19-2007, 10:08 AM
i definately like it! i will be getting one!

John Gamba
06-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Well i went to the toro dealer and they dont sell toro no more.

John Gamba
06-19-2007, 10:23 AM
i definately like it! i will be getting one!

Did you try it

martinfan06
06-19-2007, 10:41 AM

Nope me too they are the 1st ones ive had and cant belive it took me this long to try them. Always thought that they looked like it would be hard.. nope

martinfan06
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Great Pics!! thank you for telling us about the controls. Can you try this mower with a sulky????? thats what i'm looking for?? I would like to see this control also on the 23,60" walk.

I agree great info and pics thanks....

John Gamba
06-19-2007, 12:14 PM
I agree great info and pics thanks....

I hope someone can try this type control with a sulky

Envy Lawn Service
06-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I hope someone can try this type control with a sulky

As long as it is not one of those stupid "trailering" sulkies it will work fine.

Never saw the point in one of those on a hydro anyways.

John Gamba
06-20-2007, 07:54 AM
As long as it is not one of those stupid "trailering" sulkies it will work fine.

Never saw the point in one of those on a hydro anyways.

Sharper turns for one on a trailering sulky. Do me a favor! go to the grocery store and get a shopping cart. Put a 200lb person on the front and grab the handle, now try and turn it. get back to me on this. thats what its like when you have and use the "fixed" sulky.

Theres more but i have to go.

S man
06-20-2007, 12:52 PM
How much do these run for? t2 control with 40-48 turbo?

LCPullman
06-20-2007, 11:37 PM
How much do these run for? t2 control with 40-48 turbo?

40" lists for around $6400 and the 48" lists for around $6800. Just about anyone should be able to get about 10% off those prices.

Envy Lawn Service
06-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Sharper turns for one on a trailering sulky. Do me a favor! go to the grocery store and get a shopping cart. Put a 200lb person on the front and grab the handle, now try and turn it. get back to me on this. thats what its like when you have and use the "fixed" sulky.

Theres more but i have to go.

Yeah, I understand that...
But a hydro shouldn't have trouble with sharp turns as it can zero turn.

So I don't see the point of that...
Unless you mean in spots where traction might be a problem.
Are these things not heavy enough to have enough bite to swing 200 lbs on a fixed sulky?

Anyways, it would likely be no fun to try to use those controls with a trailering sulky.

Just so you know, one company makes a convertable sulky that runs in either mode.

fiveoboy01
06-21-2007, 12:58 AM
I think what John means by sharper turns, is that a trailering sulky has a shorter swinging arc when turning, making it a little easier to maneuver in tight spots without the sulky hitting things.

One situation I can think of is mowing an inside corner, the rear of a fixed sulky may hit the fence/wall/whatever, where a trailering one might pivot enough to clear.

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I think what John means by sharper turns, is that a trailering sulky has a shorter swinging arc when turning, making it a little easier to maneuver in tight spots without the sulky hitting things.

One situation I can think of is mowing an inside corner, the rear of a fixed sulky may hit the fence/wall/whatever, where a trailering one might pivot enough to clear.

You will always have to do a two perimeter cut with the fixed sulky and yes there's not enough traction for even a Turf tracer to do it with out turf taring or getting stuck:cry: .

Look at the pic. thats the only fixed sulky ive ever owned other then the pro slide.

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I understand that...
But a hydro shouldn't have trouble with sharp turns as it can zero turn.

So I don't see the point of that...
Unless you mean in spots where traction might be a problem.
Are these things not heavy enough to have enough bite to swing 200 lbs on a fixed sulky?

Just so you know, one company makes a convertable sulky that runs in either mode.

Yes there not heavy enough and you are on soft ground.

And i do know about the "Duel mode" type sulks. the sales pitch on theses where -- when you started with a gear drive walk you use the "trailering mode". you get the hydro walk(move up) you have a sulky that now can go fixed for the hydro. no need to buy another sulky.

If you have not noticed or do not have access to sales figures, the trailering sulks WAY OUT SELL fixed.

regl
06-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Yes there not heavy enough and you are on soft ground.

And i do know about the "Duel mode" type sulks. the sales pitch on theses where -- when you started with a gear drive walk you use the "trailering mode". you get the hydro walk(move up) you have a sulky that now can go fixed for the hydro. no need to buy another sulky.

If you have not noticed or do not have access to sales figures, the trailering sulks WAY OUT SELL fixed.

John, did you give up on the pro-slides? It's kind of high maintenance, but I would be lost without it. On the lawns I do it's nice to be able to step off when you need to and have the sulky fold up out of the way. Also, I have some pretty rough lawns out here. I don't think my back would last with sulky wheels dropping into the holes all the time.

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=regl;1871436]John, did you give up on the pro-slides?QUOTE]

Not at all:) :waving:

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 08:17 AM
It's kind of high maintenance, but I would be lost without it. On the lawns I do it's nice to be able to step off when you need to and have the sulky fold up out of the way. Also, I have some pretty rough lawns out here. I don't think my back would last with sulky wheels dropping into the holes all the time.

You just said it better then i ever could:) I also love how the weight of it when retracted is all by the drive wheels.

It does have some draw backs and its not for everybody. the ones that can use it love it:waving:

naturescape
06-21-2007, 09:39 AM
I use a Proslide with my Bunton w/ Z controls, probably very similar to the Toro controls.

The controls are very usable with the Proslide, but it takes a bit of getting used to.

I also have an Exmark TT. There are things that are good about each machine. The Bunton is incredibly smooth, but the Exmark is incredibly agile/fast. Right now the Exmark is on my trailer.

The next mower I'm going to look at is the Husqvarna WB. It has a simple one touch level adjustment which I really want, I'm also anxious to see how the conrols are. I'm hoping it's the speed of the Exmark with the smoothness of the Bunton.

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I use a Proslide with my Bunton w/ Z controls, probably very similar to the Toro controls.

The next mower I'm going to look at is the Husqvarna WB. It has a simple one touch level adjustment which I really want, I'm also anxious to see how the conrols are. I'm hoping it's the speed of the Exmark with the smoothness of the Bunton.

Same here ray:waving: happy summer:cool2: :)

naturescape
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Same here ray:waving: happy summer:cool2: :)

Do you mean you're going to look at the Husky WB? I really want the quick height control for spring - raise it up an inch or two for a quick second pass - it will make the clumpiest lawn look perfect!

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Do you mean you're going to look at the Husky WB? I really want the quick height control for spring - raise it up an inch or two for a quick second pass - it will make the clumpiest lawn look perfect!

The controls and the deck lift. I think it will make life alot easier. I'm trying to get velky to put controls like the husky has on there stand on units. Its like pulling teeth with him.

I almost had a Chance to try on three weeks ago. The truck took off before i could buy the guy lunch for letting me try the mower.

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=naturescape;1871562]Do you mean you're going to look at the Husky WB? QUOTE]

The one i like is there new one.21hpkaw,52"deck,7.0mph,3.0mphrev,18"rear tires,11somethings on the front. Now how do they cut????

naturescape
06-21-2007, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=naturescape;1871562]Do you mean you're going to look at the Husky WB? QUOTE]

The one i like is there new one.21hpkaw,52"deck,7.0mph,3.0mphrev,18"rear tires,11somethings on the front. Now how do they cut????

I don't know. I'm off to look at Husky trimmers now, rained out. Which is a good thing! :)

Maybe they'll have a Husky WB in stock too! I'll let you know if they do!

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=John Gamba;1871613]

I don't know. I'm off to look at Husky trimmers now, rained out. Which is a good thing! :)

Maybe they'll have a Husky WB in stock too! I'll let you know if they do!

My personal weed whacker is a husky. ive had it for about 12 years with out one problem. I dont know about them now but i do think i would get one. My sthill did cut better. maybe i should look for a different head.

If they have a walk please take pics of the mower. you know me--- a pic is worth a thousand words:laugh: :waving:

naturescape
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=naturescape;1871618]

My personal weed whacker is a husky. ive had it for about 12 years with out one problem. I dont know about them now but i do think i would get one. My sthill did cut better. maybe i should look for a different head.

If they have a walk please take pics of the mower. you know me--- a pic is worth a thousand words:laugh: :waving:

Here's the link to their WB:

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/?url=%2Fnode1528%2Easp%3Fframes%3Dfalse

I just ordered the trimmer online. It's the 324lx -- 4 CYCLE HONDA ENGINE, weighs 11.2 lbs!

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=John Gamba;1871623]

Here's the link to their WB:

I just ordered the trimmer online. It's the 324lx -- 4 CYCLE HONDA ENGINE, weighs 11.2 lbs!

I have the 325LX.its 10.5 pounds. it runs on anything:cool2: :waving:

McCarty'sLawncare
06-26-2007, 08:01 PM
hey folks just wanted to ask if anybody purchased this new Toro yet? If so, please give me the strong points and weak... How does the machine cut? Does the baffle really make that big of a difference in St. Austine. How good is it on slopes with the floating deck when it comes to scalping on hills? I would appreciate your experiences with this machine give me all u got.... lol Thanks

lifetree
06-26-2007, 08:54 PM
hey folks just wanted to ask if anybody purchased this new Toro yet? If so, please give me the strong points and weak... How does the machine cut? Does the baffle really make that big of a difference in St. Austine. How good is it on slopes with the floating deck when it comes to scalping on hills? I would appreciate your experiences with this machine give me all u got.... lol Thanks

I'm also waiting to hear if anyone has bought one !!

John Gamba
06-26-2007, 09:18 PM
experiences with this machine give me all u got.... lol Thanks

Why dont you get one and tell us

McCarty'sLawncare
06-26-2007, 09:48 PM
You First John :laugh:

BMFD92
06-26-2007, 11:18 PM
for those of you guys looking at the husky mower i highly suggest getting it with a proslide. It cuts and stripes really well.

John Gamba
06-27-2007, 08:04 AM
You First John :laugh:

No dealers and i like using a sulky. Toro has a Turf tracer HP for a turf tracer price:cry:

brucec32
06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
It looks great on paper. I like the 40" deck size. Big enough to get more done than a 36" in wide areas, but fits almost all the gates I have. Anything it won't fit in a 36" wouldn't either. seems a little more compact that previous Toros in the pics.

I prefer mowing with wb's and velke, but the fatigue factor is increased for me. I've been riding 100% this year and it's been easier on the bod.

John Gamba
06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
It looks great on paper.
I prefer mowing with wb's and velke, but the fatigue factor is increased for me. I've been riding 100% this year and it's been easier on the bod.

Have you noticed more turf tearing,rutting with the rider??

TSG
06-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I just demoed the 48
and I really liked it.
It had the floating deck and felt great.
I was actually thinking about the 40".
The decission is tought,,,the price is just about 6000.00
The price on a Wright Standar is 5500.00
At 47 yrs old, I am thinking I would rather ride than walk.
Decissions, decissions
Alan

02DURAMAX
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I just demoed the 48
and I really liked it.
It had the floating deck and felt great.
I was actually thinking about the 40".
The decission is tought,,,the price is just about 6000.00
The price on a Wright Standar is 5500.00
At 47 yrs old, I am thinking I would rather ride than walk.
Decissions, decissions
Alan

Go with the standers they are very nice mowers....and will go faster than any walk-behind..

TSG
06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
That is what I am inclinded to do
This same dealer sells Gravely Standars
I know nothing about them.
I am leaning towards the wright
Alan

02DURAMAX
06-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Alan

Go with a Wright they feel much better than other standers other companies make.....Plus the Quad controls feel much better too....:usflag:

John Gamba
06-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Alan

Demo them all:weightlifter: