PDA

View Full Version : Power Stroke Alternator Issue?

SiteSolutions
06-13-2007, 07:08 AM
My '03 F-350 died yesterday from apparent lack of voltage. Two big ass batteries that are only 3 months old could only carry the truck so long. So I am wondering if anybody has seen similar problems? Yesterday was in the mid 90's and I had just climbed a pretty big hill and then had to back up a few hundred feet; wonder if all this combined was too much heat on a weak link?

It's at the dealer now (I just got it 3 weeks ago and have a 90 day warranty) so hopefully they will get it straightened out today and I will be back in my truck tomorrow.

POPO4995
06-13-2007, 09:51 AM
My buddy has a '02 F-350 and the batteries and alternator went bad about a month ago. The batteries were a year old and the alternator 2 years old. All at once. But he had warranties on everything so he didnt pay a dime.:rolleyes:

SiteSolutions
06-13-2007, 11:26 PM
The dealer gave me a loaner, an '04 F-350. I called today and they said they may not even get to my truck tomorrow. I don't mind waiting a day or two; what's important to me is that they fix it right, and they fix it free. If they can do that, I won't mind to get it back on Monday.

Two weeks ago, the battery light came on. I found a loose connection on the back of the alternator and tightened it up. I -=*thought*=- that was the end of it. Yesterday, the gauges stopped working, then the transmission started shifting funny, then I pulled over. It ran about two minutes and then the engine stopped running. All the major symptoms of no charging going on. Only this time, I didn't get a battery light. Next purchase for this truck is going to be a set of gauges, at least an ammeter and a trans temp gauge.

SiteSolutions
06-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Dealer had it done today. Had to replace alternator and fuseblock. Would have been well over a grand with the tow and labor, but they fixed it under warranty. I am pretty grateful. If anybody is in the general area and looking for a truck, I got a good deal and treated right at Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville.

Boycea
06-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Your not the only one, my alternator went on my 06 F350 at around 15,000 miles