PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota RAIN!!!!! PLEASE

grass disaster
06-13-2007, 01:02 PM
it's only early june and everything is brown.

i typically have a busy day tomorrow but they are not growing.

there is no rain in the forecast for like 4 more days. THIS IS NOT GOOD.

any other Minnesotans feeling the pain?????

NewWave
06-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Indiana here but we havent had rain in a few weeks and that wasnt even a good rain. We need a solid week of rain. I would be happy to take off for a week and let everything come back to life. Mowing is coming to a dead halt here. Everything is brown. Sucks!

grass disaster
06-21-2007, 12:24 AM
well we finally got some rain , 1.5 inches at my home. in about half hour

we got lots of small hail but in the town next to me this is what they saw.

it's been about 3 weeks since we got rain. i guess when it rains it pores!!!

Tinkerer
06-21-2007, 01:00 AM
You must be near the Twin Cities too.... I'm only mowing a neighbors lawn this year with her new zero turn. I collect clippings for her garden to use to keep out weeds. The lawn has been so thin this year that its hard to get enough clippings on a 3 acre lawn. Do you remember last summer? I mowed almost nothing during the month of july.

grass disaster
06-21-2007, 01:04 AM
You must be near the Twin Cities too.... I'm only mowing a neighbors lawn this year with her new zero turn. I collect clippings for her garden to use to keep out weeds. The lawn has been so thin this year that its hard to get enough clippings on a 3 acre lawn. Do you remember last summer? I mowed almost nothing during the month of july.

yeah!! i think i had about 3 weeks last year where i didn't cut a single yard.

flattoplawncare
06-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Hello, Nice to see some Minnesota nice here. Yes rain would be great all my accounts are still green but i skipped them the past couple days to keep them that way for now. hopefully it rains tomorrow. Where are you guys mowing/from?

Tinkerer
06-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Where I live,,,,, top secret.

grass disaster
06-21-2007, 01:46 AM
yup not near you. hush hush

HFS
06-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm working the Dakota County area. What's worse about several of my accounts is that they have irrigation, but don't use it properly and/or don't want to pay for the extra utility costs. For those of you on the hush, hush. Do you really think it matters??? We have competition around every street corner. LATER...

Vikings
06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm very close to Minnesota, Manitoba here and we've had all kinds of rain I'm very surprised it's so dry there.

Last year my brother, who is a trucker was sitting in a field (he takes his dog with him) near.. I think Illinois. He said it was so dry there weren't even insects.

dave k
06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Georgia here, same problem, no rain dry yards, water restrictions, cutting every 2 weeks, I feel your pain bro.

grass disaster
06-21-2007, 04:06 PM
well we got 2.1 inches.

it is nice and wet out. lawn didn't grow much over night. i think they are in shock!! it may take a day or 2 before they actually start growing again.

kooba
06-21-2007, 10:56 PM
We need rain here also. Cental Minnesota. We skipped a few lawns that were close to turning brown also. WE need RAIN!!!!!!. I have a mower to pay off. kooba.

Snowman269
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
I didn't notice it wasn't raining downstate. Been good in DL. Last year was horrific, it was brown everywhere & limits on sprinking. Praise God, this year is a relief.

LindblomRJ
06-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Well I am about 300 miles west of the twin cities. Up until a couple of weeks ago we were getting rains a pretty regular basis. Its far better than the last 7 years.

Its starting to warm up, but the humidity is also high. Hopefully it doens't turn dry.

grass disaster
07-19-2007, 04:10 PM
well we got 2.1 inches.

it is nice and wet out. lawn didn't grow much over night. i think they are in shock!! it may take a day or 2 before they actually start growing again.

well we only got .5" since the last time it rained 2.1"

so it's basically been 1 month since we got any rain. no rain in the for cast for at least 4-5 days. it's supposed to be extremely hot this weekend.

lately i've been plagued with break downs and some damaged property. i've just about had enough of this already@!#@@#!!!!

deereman
07-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Well I hope that you are getting the rain now! We have been very dry also, but we are sure getting it now! I am sure that our rain gauge was empty just because its been weeks since the last time it rained. Anywho I just checked it and it sais 4.5 inches, aint that crazy? My father in law lives close by and he said that they got 3.2 , but that is on his deck with trees all around!. Any way I'm as happy as a pig in the mud right now! I will be able to call the helpers up and start cutting again! Thank you GOD!

fiveoboy01
07-22-2007, 10:26 PM
We haven't got much of any rain, and that coupled with high temps is turning the grass real brown.

There is one account I cut weekly, been reduced to bi-weekly, and I went there to cut it today and it's now officially an every 3rd week account at this point.

This isn't even funny anymore. I have a few small jobs going on but cutting is the majority of my income at this point.

Summer stinks, and to think when I was a kid, I prayed for this kind of weather:)

Lawn Enforcer
07-23-2007, 12:17 AM
I feel your pain! This is the worst summer I have ever experienced since I started mowing, and this is the year with the most stuff I need to pay for, shop rent, truck payments, mower payments, taxes, higher fuel prices, etc. I pray every night for rain. I hope it comes soon!

grass disaster
07-27-2007, 09:11 PM
well i got 3/10 yesteday. we need like 3 inches.