PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Disk ????

dslawns
06-13-2007, 05:59 PM
I have seen alot of commercial guys with these plastic trimmer disk's on the head of there trimmer's i cant find them anywere online and i just wanted to know about them they seem to leave a nice edge on walk/drive ways for edging. if you guys know where i can get them or you can explain more about them please let me know.

MJS
06-13-2007, 06:06 PM
I think that what you are talking about is a guide for a string trimmer; actually, there was an ad for one in the last Turf Magazine.
The guide doesn't actually rotate, you just stick it next to the sidewalk, and it keeps the string cutting in a straight line. I don't find that it works any better than turning the string trimmer upside down. Are you having trouble edging with a regular trimmer?

gl1200a
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
www.edgit.com I got mine on eBay for about $46.00 total. It really does work great for a fast way to edge once you have an established edge already.

dslawns
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
i can trim just fine by turning the trimmer upside down, i see a ton of these being used and i just thought that mabey they were worth checking out also it seems that the guys i see using them are moving much faster then other guys not using them. i undrstand the design and what they do but i was just thinking about trying something new.

naturescape
06-13-2007, 06:20 PM
i can trim just fine by turning the trimmer upside down, i see a ton of these being used and i just thought that mabey they were worth checking out also it seems that the guys i see using them are moving much faster then other guys not using them. i undrstand the design and what they do but i was just thinking about trying something new.

They are MUCH faster and neater than using a trimmer to edge without one! Also, I like trimming with mine on too.