PDA

View Full Version : Echo srm210 issues please help

ojpent
06-13-2007, 07:12 PM
:help: I have a echo srm210 string trimmer and have been having problems with it since monday... When I try to run it at full throttle in the run position on the carb it bogs down and then quits... it runs okay now but I have the lever just a hair under choke.. What should i try next, i've changed the plug, fuel and air filter and even ran seafoam in the tank and poured some right in the carb as it was running....:confused:

ahah
06-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Try adjusting the high side of the carb. Sounds like it is fuel starved.

scagwildcat
06-13-2007, 07:40 PM
clean the carb! most of the time when you have to run the choke half closed you have dirt in the carb. if its a new echo srm. you wouldnt have any carb adjustments, just idle

Lynden-Jeff
06-13-2007, 08:04 PM
We had a problem like this and it was a hole in the fuel line. Inspect for small holes and then id say clean the carb. How did you go about pouring the seafoam directly in to the carb?

Cheers
Jeff

ed2hess
06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I guess the spark arrestor is out and did you check to see if the exhaust ports are clogged? How old is this machine? It should have two adjusting screws on the carb...have you tried those?

ojpent
06-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Guys thanks for the input, I did remove the carb and clean it, checked the exhaust ports all was clear. The machine I have is only 10 months old so it doesn't have any adjustment screws (pos) !!!!!!!! So I called a buddy that has a couple of new carbs for back up, I picked one up installed it and now it runs like normal

Oh and when it comes to pouring seaform down the carb I just start it up remove the air filter, put it on its side and fill the top of the seafoam cap and slowly drip it in.... I also remove the spark plug and pour some in head put the plug back in and let it sit there for a bit and then drain it and fire it up....

johnnywill08
06-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Guys thanks for the input, I did remove the carb and clean it, checked the exhaust ports all was clear. The machine I have is only 10 months old so it doesn't have any adjustment screws (pos) !!!!!!!! So I called a buddy that has a couple of new carbs for back up, I picked one up installed it and now it runs like normal

Oh and when it comes to pouring seaform down the carb I just start it up remove the air filter, put it on its side and fill the top of the seafoam cap and slowly drip it in.... I also remove the spark plug and pour some in head put the plug back in and let it sit there for a bit and then drain it and fire it up....

glad you got it up and running but the 210 (i ahve one as a backup) is more of a homeowner mach. they cant really take a commercial pounding (constant starts, stops, bouncing around, cutting heavy weeds...) all that being said i got one that lasted 2 yrs doing comm work

ed2hess
06-14-2007, 08:48 PM

If you buy any more trimmers check for the adjusting screws they definitely are needed on these lean machines....the Echo 261 definitely has them and so does my 3 years old 230.

Lynden-Jeff
06-14-2007, 11:08 PM
glad you got it up and running but the 210 (i ahve one as a backup) is more of a homeowner mach. they cant really take a commercial pounding (constant starts, stops, bouncing around, cutting heavy weeds...) all that being said i got one that lasted 2 yrs doing comm work

For 275 bucks for 2 years is definitely getting my moneys worth. They are "light commercial" as in, if you run with no guard, 10 miles of line and trimmer 6 hours a day 6 days a week, it wont last long. Mine are still running steady at 2 years of medium commercial work not to mention they are my favorite trimmers.

Cheers

Vikings
06-15-2007, 01:16 AM
WHat's a carb cost for a 210?

Envy Lawn Service
06-15-2007, 01:52 AM
:help: I have a echo srm210 string trimmer and have been having problems with it since monday... When I try to run it at full throttle in the run position on the carb it bogs down and then quits... it runs okay now but I have the lever just a hair under choke.. What should i try next, i've changed the plug, fuel and air filter and even ran seafoam in the tank and poured some right in the carb as it was running....:confused:

Your problem Echos...... (I just made a pun) ;)

Ed is right... they are lean machines... and the adjustment screws are needed.

Myself, I found that after my Echo stuff got some age on it, all of them started those same symptoms and kept getting worse. Always fuel delivery issues. If it wasn't one thing it was another....

Very often it was the fuel lines that needed replacing, although they looked fine. Also, often it was the rubber tank gromets that the lines run through. It would swell up, milk the 'stint' out into the tank and crimp off the fuel line. Often the carb needed rebuilding too.

Plus, if you forgot to take out the spark arrestor... or needed to look inside the muffler at all... tough luck after it had been rained on a few times. They use real low grade screws in the worst possible place and the heads soften to the point you can't turn them pretty fast.

All-in-all, I got fed up with the regular tinkering and started cycling them out.

After making that decision, I found out that it was entirely possible that it could have been due to ethanol being mixed into the fuel. I was under the impression this had to be posted on the pump. But I have been told that it is not. I can't confirm or deny it either way... just admit it could have been a possiblity.

In any event, in historical contrast, the newer Echo stuff has been by far the biggest 'nags' of all the 2 cycle stuff I have owned over the past several years.

Lynden-Jeff
06-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Your problem Echos...... (I just made a pun) ;)

Ed is right... they are lean machines... and the adjustment screws are needed.

Myself, I found that after my Echo stuff got some age on it, all of them started those same symptoms and kept getting worse. Always fuel delivery issues. If it wasn't one thing it was another....

Very often it was the fuel lines that needed replacing, although they looked fine. Also, often it was the rubber tank gromets that the lines run through. It would swell up, milk the 'stint' out into the tank and crimp off the fuel line. Often the carb needed rebuilding too.

Plus, if you forgot to take out the spark arrestor... or needed to look inside the muffler at all... tough luck after it had been rained on a few times. They use real low grade screws in the worst possible place and the heads soften to the point you can't turn them pretty fast.

All-in-all, I got fed up with the regular tinkering and started cycling them out.

After making that decision, I found out that it was entirely possible that it could have been due to ethanol being mixed into the fuel. I was under the impression this had to be posted on the pump. But I have been told that it is not. I can't confirm or deny it either way... just admit it could have been a possiblity.

In any event, in historical contrast, the newer Echo stuff has been by far the biggest 'nags' of all the 2 cycle stuff I have owned over the past several years.

You my friend hit the nail on the head. The amount of ethanol in the gas makes a HUGE difference. The ethanol makes these things run so much worse. Im not exactly sure why but ive heard it has something to do with the moisture content of the gas. Ive heard that this will now start effecting stihls since they had to change some of their parts to meet emission standards or something? Not sure if that's correct but my dealer told me its 32 more moving parts to deal with.

Cheers
Jeff

johnnywill08
06-15-2007, 11:20 PM
the ethanol degrades certain fuel lines/seals/etc. had some issues w/ redmax on this... it was under warranty tho'

Envy Lawn Service
06-15-2007, 11:22 PM
You my friend hit the nail on the head. The amount of ethanol in the gas makes a HUGE difference. The ethanol makes these things run so much worse. Im not exactly sure why but ive heard it has something to do with the moisture content of the gas. Ive heard that this will now start effecting stihls since they had to change some of their parts to meet emission standards or something? Not sure if that's correct but my dealer told me its 32 more moving parts to deal with.

Cheers
Jeff

That and I believe it's possible that it eats Echo's fuel delivery parts.

Specifically the rubber stuff like the fuel lines and carb internals.
I think a coating of the meltdown might get all in the carbs.

None of this ever struck me until I melted the bottom of some old sneakers in a puddle of fuel from working on one.

They should have to post this crap on the pumps.
This way we can avoid it for lawn equipment.