PDA

View Full Version : After your done mowing

NYLAWNMAN01
06-13-2007, 08:04 PM
I was on my route today at work (have a route with poland spring water) and I pulled up to one of my customers houses and they had just had there lawn cut and I noticed the landscaper was standing in the lawn with the blower blowing all the clippings into the street and then moving on to the next house. Is this tne norm for blowing the clippings, just blow them into the street and leave them?

Lynden-Jeff
06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
blowing on to the road is not normal, atleast not for me however we do blow them IN to the lawn some times when its clumpy or a slight build up on top of the lawn. The blower helps disperse them deeper in to the lawn.

Cheers
Jeff

SpfdTurfMasters
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Blow it in the road if its a busy road, it gets swept away pretty quick by the cars

Tom c.
06-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Blow them back into the grass,kinda like mulching? I dont think the neighbors would appreciate junk in the street. It would look a whole lot better when you drive away. :confused:

Pro-Scapes
06-13-2007, 09:16 PM
even blowing into a busy road is a no no... blow it back into the lawns or take 2 seconds to scoop it up. Unlike every other lco in our area we contain leaves. We dont just leave leaves and clippings curb side. Sometimes we leave them bagged at the curb for city pick up.

leaving them un contained or just blowing them into the road is not only unproffesional but it creates debris lined streets which is unattractive.

Grits
06-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I have seen companies that I thought were reputable blowing clippings into the street in high dollar neighborhoods. I don't see how they get away with it. I would never do that for all the obvious reasons.

buddhaman
06-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Clippings in the road are illegal here.

LALawnboy
06-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Clippings in the road are illegal here.

same here ^. you get slapped with a $400 fine if caught.

Grits
06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
same here ^. you get slapped with a $400 fine if caught.

I imagine it is here too. Don't know for sure, but Florida is like that. Doesn't matter to me though because I wouldn't do it.

mcwlandscaping
06-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Just leaves a horrible appearance and risks blowing something else (small rock, stick, etc.) at a passing car..........definitely wouldn't do it myself

Chilehead
06-14-2007, 12:27 AM
I see alot of companies blowing clippings into the street, but I wont do it. There are lawn pros, and there are pretenders. Do the right thing: blow the clippings back into the lawn, or pick them up.

charmill26
06-14-2007, 12:53 AM
blow em in the lawn here. although i have one lady that thinks its the dumbest thing ever even though i dont bag. soo if shes watching i just kind of pretend to blow them in the street

ke5hbd
06-14-2007, 01:41 AM
I always blow the clippings back into the yard after blowing the mower off.

Makes things look better and it only takes a few minutes.

I hate pulling up to a job and seeing the street covered in leaves and grass clippings left by other companies so I wont lrave a mess.

All my customers say how good of a cleanup job I do.

Im not trying to make a killing just trying to do a good service to my customers.

Runner
06-14-2007, 11:34 AM
You can do the nicest, finest cut in the world, and all your trimming can be done meticulously and perfect. If you then leave clipping on the curb or hard surfaces, the whole place looks bad. For those that do,...those are the ones that don't know what they are doing. There are a whole lot more people doing this business than what actually know what they are doing.

Chilehead
06-15-2007, 10:38 AM
.... There are a whole lot more people doing this business than what actually know what they are doing.

You hit this nail on the head.

POPO4995
06-15-2007, 12:04 PM
We never blow clippings into the street. Looks terrible to me.

Grass Kickin
06-15-2007, 01:26 PM
It also looks like the landscaper doesn't care about the image of his work. We either pick them up or blow them back on the lawn if they are only light clippings. Clumps get picked up.

Your Lawn First
06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
blow them nack into the lawn never leave them on the sidewalk or blow them back into the street what the hell is that all about blow them back into the street guess they don't like beign in business very long.

Lawnut101
06-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Yep, it's illegal in West Bend WI. I try not to do it, and if I ally do, I clean it up.

APV's Mowing
06-17-2007, 11:49 PM
ya i dont even put that much on the drive way anyway or on the sidewalks because i do the perimiter 3 times and helps alot when blowing the mess back in the yard. and for when it its wet i will blow and then take a commercial broom and loosen it up when its on the street, just a tip even when buying a broom buy commercial cause they are the shizzle

bohiaa
06-18-2007, 09:22 AM
NEVER NEVER NEVER litter...... aim to to the street with the mower,

then take a rake run it down the curb, pick it up, blow the rest back onto the lawn.

this is the proper way to do it,,, when all the Mexicicns came over they started blowing it in the street......this started about 10 to 15 years ago

Dont do it, some city's have even addopted an ordance against it