PDA

View Full Version : Black streaks?

lawnagent
06-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I have those darn black streaks from the roof running down the sides of my camper and my enclosed landscape trailer. I tried this stuff from Camping World called Black Streak Remover, but it just sits there and looks at me. Fantastic from Wal Mart actually works better than the black streak remover!
What is it and what can I use on it. My pressure washer is just a small homeowner job. Karcher 2600 PSI 2.6 GPM.

Thanks!

squirtgun
06-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Simple green or purple power will remove them.Brush it on and rinse.

DO NOT allow it to stay on the side for more than a few seconds.They both have the potential to remove paint.

You can contact Bob at www.pressuretek.com and ask about the Gutter Gernade.It will remove the streak and is safer on the metal.

lawnagent
06-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks! I will try that.:)

muddstopper
07-04-2007, 01:46 PM
That black stuff is mold. A little clorox will kill it. To remove it I like 409, similar to fantastic and simple green. I also like to mix it with Pinesol cleaner. I found that mixing in the pinesol reduces the chalkyness that other cleaners leave behind. Works good on vinyl sideing.

squirtgun
07-04-2007, 03:32 PM
That black stuff is mold. A little clorox will kill it. To remove it I like 409, similar to fantastic and simple green. I also like to mix it with Pinesol cleaner. I found that mixing in the pinesol reduces the chalkyness that other cleaners leave behind. Works good on vinyl sideing.

I won't say that some of the black isn't mold,but the bulk of black streaks on gutters come from an electrostatic bond created between the aluminum and dirt.

muddstopper
07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Squirt, you could be right, I was thinking about the black mold that gets on campers and such when setting under trees. The black streaks from the aluminum is from oxidation.