PDA

View Full Version : Best excuse for non-payment

Sandgropher
06-14-2007, 05:24 AM
Like the title suggests whats the best excuse you have heard from customers that did not pay/or not on time ?

I guess a very common one would be "i sent a check " what else ? :)

srl28
06-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Couldn't find the checkbook sorry........ Got that the other day and couldn't help but laugh. Theres others, memory isnt working though!

meathead1134
06-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I didn't get the bill.

MJS
06-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Here's one I have heard numerous times from the same customer: "I can't afford to pay you right now; I'm on a fixed income". This coming from a woman who buys new plants at the local greenhouse every week during the summer. Oh well, I don't even try to understand some of my customers.

carcrz
06-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Here's one I have heard numerous times from the same customer: "I can't afford to pay you right now; I'm on a fixed income". This coming from a woman who buys new plants at the local greenhouse every week during the summer. Oh well, I don't even try to understand some of my customers.

I hope she got a late fee!

I get the ones that always seem to "make it to the bottom of the pile". Right... sure it did. Is that what you told your credit card co?

richallseasons
06-14-2007, 06:51 PM
I had one woman tell me that someone stole her mail box so she could not get her mail......

FearThisDeere
06-14-2007, 08:52 PM
I had one guy tell me that he "just didn't have any money" at the time. At I looked across his driveway at his BMW M3 and new Harley.

txgrassguy
06-14-2007, 09:13 PM
My crews did a landscape remodel - over fourteen grand worth - as the couple wanted to upsell their home.
They tried to tell me the old no money story yet I knew a contract to purchase had been signed on the home. So I got a judgment from the local JP who then filed it against the title company so this debt had to be settled prior to completing the sale of the home.
With admin fees, late fees and a debt service charge I was paid via a cashiers check by the title company a bit over sixteen five.
The seller tried to come after me in the title company parking lot after I got my check - seems he disagreed with actually having to pay me. The only bad thing was I broke my right hand again - the fifth metacarpals bone - knocking three teeth out of his mouth. The JP happened to be in the title company's parking lot and asked me if I wanted to press charges as he saw the seller come after me. Instead the dipwad had to cough up an additional $372 for the doctors visit to splint my hand.

Wayne242
06-14-2007, 09:18 PM
"run out of checks" Well banks still open, and i have 30 mins to spare;)

fiveoboy01
06-15-2007, 02:12 AM
"I lost the invoice" seems to be the most common one for me anyways.

TURFLORD
06-15-2007, 06:12 AM
"I was in a car accident and had amnesia".... I cut that lawn all season without getting paid. Yes, I know the responses you'll post to that one, but I got paid in full with late fees. I'm good at the Small Claims game and am confident about getting paid. There's more to this story, but I'll save it for another day.

rodfather
06-15-2007, 06:15 AM
"My wife (or husband) didn't pay you?"

JRS Landscaping
06-15-2007, 09:04 AM
i didnt get paid yet or ill run it over to you tommarrow.

Babbages01
06-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Someone's boyfriend called and cussed me out after I did their lawn because I mowed to the property line instead of all the way to the next driveway, eventhough I was never told to mow that far. Apparently his "old lady" would have the check for me in the mail the next day after I talked to her. Two weeks later....no check. Kinda like last month. I'm calling them up, getting my money and never going back to their place again.

Another woman hired me to mow her yard and then promptly fired me the next day because she didn't want to pay sales tax and found someone else that doesn't charge it. She sent me my invoice back with a note that said I did a good job...but there was no check in the envelope. She's been ignoring my calls ever since. But...I'm determined.

KTO Enterprises
06-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Right now Im waiting on payment for Bush hogging a couple of acres that I did a month and a half ago.

It was one of those jobs set up by a realtor for the client. Now I cant get the realtor to return my calls and she DOES NOT want me to show up at her office in person. I will get paid that day if it comes to that.

TideLawnMan
06-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I had a lady who didn't pay after getting billed twice so I didn't cut it as scheduled as it just so happened she was having company in town so she called saying she had my check there and needed it cut right away. I cut it and got the check that day so she went back on schedule. This happened again the next bill, so I didn't cut it as scheduled again after 2 months of nonpayment, so she calls again wanting it cut saying she had the check there. When I got there she wasn't there and neither was the check so I got back in the truck, left, and never went back. :gunsfirin