PDA

View Full Version : After market hydro filters

cntrline
06-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Anyone using after market hydro filters like the ones from Mow More? They have a better price and better micron rating, but I worry about using filters from an unknown manufacturer. Any info about these or others would be appreciated, thanks, Ron.

cntrline
06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Does everyone use oem filters from the dealer? Any info on Mow More filters or supplier??

Scagguy
06-14-2007, 08:17 PM
I use OEM on the hydros as well as the engines. When you spread the cost out over the number of hours used between filter changes, it isn't worth saving a few cents per hour to me using a filter that isn't OEM.

Albemarle Lawn
06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Be careful about messing with the micron rating. Just because it is smaller doesn't mean it is better.

Keep in mind that all other things equal, a smaller micron rating will result in slower flow. (Fewer GPM).

Because most filters are on the suction side (versus the pressure side) of a hydraulic system, a smaller micron could result in oil starvation of the pumps.

I get Zinga filters for my Gravelys (same as OEM) from Hyrdradyne Hydraulics, national company, several outlets and they ship. $8 from Hydradyne, $38 from Gravely. Same filter.

cntrline
06-15-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm aware of the micron/flow potential problem, asked MM about that and they say its ok. The crossover is also for Scag. I'm partly interested in price, but would like to find a better than dealer price and a better filter, oem specs are minimal. Thanks for the info on Hydradyne, I'll call them when they open.