PDA

View Full Version : Buncha truck related questions coming up....

gogetter
08-23-2001, 02:09 AM
Ok, just recently got a newer truck and several truck related catalogs full of accessories that I'm interested in, but wanted some input first.

1. Tornado. Anyone using one of these "Tornado" thingys that go into your air intake hose to increase gas mileage and horsepower? Worth buying?

2. Load Hauler. Anyone using a Load Hauler. The thing that attaches to tailgate and lets you crank a handle to empty your load? Thought about this for mulch. Back right up to area and empty bed, rather then shoveling load out manually. Do they work, do they hold up?

3. Cushioned Ball Mount. The new truck is bouncier when pulling the trailer then the older/heavier truck I was using. I can just "feel" the trailer back there more. Was wondering if one of those cushioned ball mounts would work?

Well, that's enough for now. But more to come for sure. Thanks in advance.

cat320
08-23-2001, 10:51 PM
I had a load hauler and I hated mine .It scratched my tail gate for one ,was very hard to turn the crank and you could only put a little bit of material on it.I ended up doing just as much shoveling with it so I took it back.Get yourself a good dump insert for your bed.

GAM321
08-23-2001, 11:35 PM
I have the load hauler and love it. Great for leaves and brush. For mulch i shovel into wheelbarrow and crank out so all shoveling is from standing no climbing in the bed. It is a littile hard to crank with a heavy load. It also did scratch my tailgate but I have a truck just for working.

Alan
08-26-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by gogetter
Ok, just recently got a newer truck and several truck related catalogs full of accessories that I'm interested in, but wanted some input first.

1. Tornado. Anyone using one of these "Tornado" thingys that go into your air intake hose to increase gas mileage and horsepower? Worth buying?

2. Load Hauler. Anyone using a Load Hauler. The thing that attaches to tailgate and lets you crank a handle to empty your load? Thought about this for mulch. Back right up to area and empty bed, rather then shoveling load out manually. Do they work, do they hold up?

3. Cushioned Ball Mount. The new truck is bouncier when pulling the trailer then the older/heavier truck I was using. I can just "feel" the trailer back there more. Was wondering if one of those cushioned ball mounts would work?

Well, that's enough for now. But more to come for sure. Thanks in advance.

#1, if these gadgets were any good the manufacturers would be using them to help with **** compliance.

#2 Load Handler works great IF you get the old style one with real bearings and steel mouting brackets. The new, $90 specials are all plastic and look like they are pure junk. We've got an old one that we don't use much now that we have a dump truck. It takes some muscle to use it, but it beats shoveling.

#3 They work good and take a lot of the jiggle out of towing, but they tend to rust solid after a while. Maybe a good and frequent soaking in oil would keep them free but we waited too long on ours and I think they are solid now for good. If you're not in the rust belt they would probably go for a long time.

Barkleymut
09-18-2001, 09:19 PM
As far as the tornado thing- go get a K&N Filter and some Bosch +4 spark plugs. I could tell a small increase in power and about 1-2 MPG improvement. They pay for themselves and you get better power, can't beat that.

gogetter
09-19-2001, 06:42 PM
Actually the truck already came with the K&N air intake system and an after market exhaust too! Love that rumble!!!
Thanks for replying though.