PDA

View Full Version : time to negotiate

RhinoL&L
06-14-2007, 03:00 PM
i have some prices from dealers on the scag tiger cub. Just wondering if you can negotiate the price or not.
thanks

Bigray
06-14-2007, 03:48 PM
my dealer's will not neg.
they take the pos. that u r purchasing the service after the sale, and I AM... MHO

ed2hess
06-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Don't fool around with trying to get prices down....you never know when or how much you will need this dealer to help you... For example my dealer got an upgrade kit for my Tiger Cub to go from one belt to two belts to stop belt breakage....cost me nothing. My pulley on hydro came off....he got me an upgraded level ...again for nothing.

Roger
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Negotiation" implies a compromise position on the part of both parties. What are you planning to "give" on your end? It sounds like you are looking for a one-way "give" on the part of the dealer, that is give you money off from the initia"l price.

You do not wish to negotiate, you merely want to ask the dealer if he is willing to part with his product for price less than his stated price. Maybe I am wrong, but what do you have to "give" to the discussion?

Stillwater
06-14-2007, 11:47 PM
their is not huge profit for the dealer to work with on new equipent but you can try. their would be more room to talk on used or trade ins at the dealer

cpel2004
06-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Everthing is neg but like it was said early you may need him. I would let him know you are willing not to haggle as long as the service is top notched.

Grits
06-15-2007, 12:51 AM
I have been paying msrp on all my recently purchased Echo hand helds. The reason: The dealer is a great guy that backs his equipment and he is a block away from my house. He did give me a slight discount once because I send him business and buy a decent amount from him.

fiveoboy01
06-15-2007, 01:48 AM
I never dicker. Cars yes, but equipment for my business no. Handheld equipment no way, mowers I'll simply ask what's your best price, and that's that. For mowers I will agree to the price and try to get them to throw in a couple extra sets of blades or some oil filters.