PDA

View Full Version : How to get customers around current customers

F.S Lawn Care
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
OK well I recently got a new customer who lives about 20-30 minutes away from me mostly due to traffic. I didn't really want them because they're the only customers in that area, so I bid very high hoping they wouldn't take us, but they did. Its a brand new developement with a few hundred million dollar houses and I was wondering what would be a good way to ensure that I get at least another few customers in their developement. I never passed out flyers there, this customer was word of mouth, so should we go door to door, or pass out flyers then go door to door if we dont get anything.

Allens LawnCare
06-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Start with near by Neighbors, knock on the door introduce yourself, let them know who you are and about your company....First impressions are everything. Give them a couple of your cards and if their not interested ask them if they could refer you to some friends

rakeck
06-14-2007, 09:53 PM
A good problem to have I suppose ... You say the area is full of million$ homes ... this yard you were awarded, how large is it and complex is the job, and how many other similar jobs could you fit in in a day if the job takes much more equipment time and attention to detail than the average yard?

The rich folk wifes I'm accustomed to don't much like mowers and blowers waking them too awful early.

But if you can do 2 or 3, great, then try and sell others there on consistent service however often you've sold the other account. Do outstanding work and be finishing up around 6:00 pm when others are arriving home in their S class mercedes after their day at the office. Look as professional as you can after a hard days work, have your truck, trailer, and machines clean and looking good with signage prominent to those driving past.

There are many special issues in dealing with VERY large and prestigious properties and their owners, and their present lawn care servicer(s). I'd be curious to know know if this is an old, established neighborhood or are there still new homes going in? I'd also like to know some history behind the homeowner looking for a new lawn care provider (you). i.e perhaps the Lawn care servicer who vacated the property may have also vacated others there.

tjsquickcuts
06-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Service the lawn on Saturdays....in the morning....so everybody will be home to possibly see you....works for me

Stillwater
06-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Do a very good job

HOOLIE
06-15-2007, 12:00 AM
There are many special issues in dealing with VERY large and prestigious properties and their owners, and their present lawn care servicer(s). I'd be curious to know know if this is an old, established neighborhood or are there still new homes going in?

Probably a new development...million dollar homes in NoVa are a dime a dozen...for perspective I own a townhouse that we paid a half-mil for. Still a million dollar house is nice, but not extravagant.

Here's what I do in this situation, and just did this last week in fact...I tell the client basically they are a bit out of the way, and I really need at least one more client there to continue to justify making the trip. If they like you, they'll mention you to the neighbors. Offer some sort of incentive like a gift card or credit to their bill.

RICHIE K
06-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Do a good job and people will refer you ALL of my work is word of mouth

echeandia
06-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Where is this customer? If they are anywhere near Leesburg I'll take them on save you the trouble.

F.S Lawn Care
06-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Where is this customer? If they are anywhere near Leesburg I'll take them on save you the trouble.

They're right across from Dulless Airport right off the greenway or route 28 to 606.

GraZZmaZter
06-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Dont do the job on Saturday morning (unless weather doesn't permit any other alternative) ... Thats just rude and unprofessional if your showing up consistently on Sat.

People dont want to hear your equipment when the have been busting their azz'z off all week and just want to relax and watch cartoons with their kids...

HOOLIE
06-17-2007, 05:16 PM
They're right across from Dulless Airport right off the greenway or route 28 to 606.

I'll take that customer if echandia doesn't want them...send me a PM.

F.S Lawn Care
06-17-2007, 07:15 PM
OK I've decided to keep them and am going to go door to door with my partner with business cards. What would be a good time to do so.....I dont want to piss anyone off going around at dinner but I want to do it when people are home. I think this would be much more effective than flyers alone.