PDA

View Full Version : How's this ZTR for 2.5 acres? eXmark 60"

TX_Mudder
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
LAS25KC604

25 HP Kawasaki engine

60" deck

$7699

I like that it has the rollbar and that it is pretty heavy duty.

Is the price OK? It has 5 hours on the meter.

I tested a Cub Cadet residential at Home Depot :dizzy: No thanks, it looked like it would break loading it on the trailer.

I tested a Dixie Chopper. Seems pretty heavy duty but I don't like the way it drove. Plus it's ugly lol

2nd Question: I'm looking for a good trimmer. They have some nice Stihl units. I can't tell the difference between the $280 unit and the $480 unit. Can someone recommend me a good one? I want to buy once and have it last. Weight is no concern. Vibration is. Since I'm tall, I want a long one if possible.

Opinions?

razor1
06-14-2007, 10:41 PM
You can't go wrong with an Exmark. The price sounds ok, you can call Exmark for a book price. What year is the tractor?

Tanaka has a trimmer designed for tall people.....
http://www.tanakapowerequipment.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TBC-260PFL#ADVANTAGES

TX_Mudder
06-14-2007, 11:45 PM
I thought it was a 2007 since it's new, but I guess it could be a 2006. I'll ask when I go back again.

The price is in line for this model? This is a from a well-established tractor store so I'd like to buy from them so I can count on service when needed.

Thanks for the link to Tanaka. Are they considered good trimmers? I'll have to drive about 30 miles to the closest dealer to buy one, so I'd like to just go once and buy one if I like it.

Tanaka
06-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Hi,
The "tall trimmer" is going fast. Please call 1-888-482-6252 to order.

-MW

TX Mudder
06-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi,
The "tall trimmer" is going fast. Please call 1-888-482-6252 to order.

-MW

I called to order one today. I am impressed with how accomodating the people who answered the phone and later called me back are, especially considering I was just ordering one relatively small item.

Any more opinions on the model (AS) of Exmark or the price of it? There's a Scag dealer here too but I've heard they are pricier and plus I'm not familiar with their models. I haven't bought a ZTR yet so I'm still open.

razor1
06-16-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm glad things are working out. Keep us posted on that new Tanaka. :rolleyes:

TX Mudder
06-16-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm glad things are working out. Keep us posted on that new Tanaka. :rolleyes:

Why the :rolleyes: ?

I checked out the Scag dealer. They have a 2007 48" Tiger Cub w/ 19 Kawasaki for $6800. Searching here, it looks like $6600 is the more common price. I'm debating on whether to try to get the guy to come down, but I'm not that great at haggling so I don't know.

The more I think about it, 48" seems like a better fit for the yard. And the Tiger Cub looks to be a foolproof model....

steve45
06-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Both are excellent mowers. I have a Tiger Cub and really like it. I'd like more than 19 HP, but I'm at 3000' elevation.

Do you have hills? In that case, the roll bar is a nice feature. If not, it gets hung on trees and it's a nuisance.