PDA

View Full Version : Taking trees out of chain link fence?

MeadowsLawnCare
06-15-2007, 12:48 AM
I picked up a new account today and when I got done the guy wanted to know what it would cost to remove the trees out of the fence line. NO trees are over 1" in diameter but some are weaved through the fence. If i had to guess the fence line is 150ft at most if it was in a straight line. I would say theres at least 20 trees growing. What would you bid for this, I could bid an hourly rate but i really dont know how long it will take to remove them from the fence. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

cpel2004
06-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Charge him hourly, you can't guess how long that will take you. Charge him 45 per labor hour providing that you have all the tools to complete the task. Tell him he might want to get a couple of estimate first from a tree company. Imagine a job like that may take you an entire day depending on the difficulty of the job.

Grits
06-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Charge him hourly, you can't guess how long that will take you. Charge him 45 per labor hour providing that you have all the tools to complete the task. Tell him he might want to get a couple of estimate first from a tree company. Imagine a job like that may take you an entire day depending on the difficulty of the job.

Ditto! But charge him YOUR labor rate. If $45 per hour is yours, charge him that......if $75 per hour is your labor rate, then charge him that. Don't forget disposal fee.

MeadowsLawnCare
06-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Any idea on how long this takes? I know getting the tree out of the fence is a PITA but some arent in the fence and none are huge in diameter. I might be able to take a pic tomorrow. I will try the hourly rate but i would like to give him a ballpark on how long it will take me.

carcrz
06-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Use a cordless sawzall. It'll speed things up dramatically. 20 trees shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

Runner
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Also, explain to him AHEAD OF TIME that some trees may not be able to come out completely because what happens, is the tree girdles around the fencewire in places.

cgaengineer
06-15-2007, 12:44 PM
:blob2: Set the fenceline on fire and burn them out! :blob2:

ed2hess
06-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Use a cordless sawzall. It'll speed things up dramatically. 20 trees shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

This is a good quess on time.......$85 plus what ever you think to haul the stuff off or bundle it for trash haul off.

Bigray
06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
prolly no more that 3 hours best guessimate , based on something similar i have done.