PDA

View Full Version : Pine straw and Landscape fabric

Brothersinlawn
06-15-2007, 01:09 AM
I am looking for a good place to get some landscape supplies in Atlanta Georgia. I am just starting out and I have some clients who want fabric installed and their mulch replaced. I have not found a place to get these supplies. I gave them an estimate based on home depot prices. Anyone out there have a good supplier. I can't find much on the net and I don't need 1300 bales. I need about 50 yards total. This is for two jobs in the same area. But once I do these I will probably need more. I have some serious keeping up with the Jones's going on:rolleyes: . I also haven't found anywhere close to get my equipment serviced. Mower-Toro, trimmer-Honda, edger-Stihl, hedge trimmer-Stihl. I would like to find a place that can at least service the mower and sharpen blades. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Grits
06-15-2007, 01:56 AM
In my area, I usually get pinestraw and fabric from Lowe's.....they have the best prices on it.

wooley99
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Check with nurseries and see if they carry pine straw. Some around here do. It's not any cheaper than Lowe's but it sure is a lot closer.

Similar topic; Grits or another southerner; how many square feet will a bale of pine straw cover?

thanks,

Grits
06-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Check with nurseries and see if they carry pine straw. Some around here do. It's not any cheaper than Lowe's but it sure is a lot closer.

Similar topic; Grits or another southerner; how many square feet will a bale of pine straw cover?

thanks,

How ya doing? I'm in Gulf Breeze!!! What company are you with? I am with Shields Lawn Care, LLC.

Brothersinlawn
06-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Hey Grits have you ever been abducted by aliens. I here they are everywhere down there in Gulf Breeze. I use to live in Fort Walton I really like that area. I miss the white sand beaches and fishing.

tjsquickcuts
06-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Where is Atl are you located....There are tons of places around town...

Brothersinlawn
06-17-2007, 12:01 PM
I am on the west side of Atlanta just South of Buckhead.

tjsquickcuts
06-17-2007, 12:33 PM
There are tons of places....Home Depot Landscape Supply is on South Cobb and Est Wst, the farmers market, and a few other smaller places. If you need that much pine straw, I would say you need to order about a truck load from Cooks down at the Farmers market. You wont beat their prices trust me. Only thing is, you will need to find a place to have a trailer parked until you are done. A truck load will cost you no more then about $3000. Depending on what you are charging you should make out really good for ones days work. Good luck, and if you need to sub it out, just let me know :-)

Brothersinlawn
06-17-2007, 12:48 PM
That should keep me busy today checking this stuff out.