PDA

View Full Version : trimmer help plz

STRINGALATION
06-15-2007, 01:13 AM
about a month ago i was running a really bad mix almost no oil. trimmer got to wear if i squeeze the throttle it bogs down. it wont idle any more ergo running with no head spinning. now only runs upside down any 2 cents is welcome

Grits
06-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Get a new trimmer. Or get the short block kit for that one. Best to have a dealer look at it, then make your decision.

johndeerefan
06-15-2007, 09:04 AM
i would say just get a new one

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
06-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Whatz wrong with running it upside down.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Just kidding i had a trimmer doing the same thing this season,i put a carb kit in it no help,it had carbon buildup i cleaned the port and have been running it wide open for a few weeks it has helped it,still not one of our best trimmers but itz okay ,i also adjusted the carb with a digital tach to about 14500 rpms the trimmer is a max 2400.

ed2hess
06-15-2007, 07:54 PM
What brand of trimmer? Take off the starter rope and see if you can easily turn the crank, that will tell you if you damaged the rings when you ran the lean mix. Any adjustment on carb?

STRINGALATION
06-15-2007, 08:55 PM
don't laugh but it is a ryobi I ugh thought the different attachments would come in handy it actually is pretty new i would try to return it but my trimmer rack has beat it up pretty bad. i needed one instantly and that was all i could afford so i figured it would be great for the attachment

EMJ
06-15-2007, 09:37 PM
:hammerhead: If you can not afford the right stuff the first time. How will you pay for it the second time?:dizzy:

Digdug
06-15-2007, 09:56 PM
about a month ago i was running a really bad mix almost no oil. trimmer got to wear if i squeeze the throttle it bogs down. it wont idle any more ergo running with no head spinning. now only runs upside down any 2 cents is welcome

Pull the muffler off and take a look at the piston and cylinder wall for bad scoring marks. You prolly wrecked it with your lean mix. Pull the spark plug also and look for aluminum color on tip of plug. These are tell tale signs you scored the piston and the motor is junk. doug