PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Design Software?

AJ Lawnscapes
06-15-2007, 03:32 PM
I know that the PRO Landscape Design Software is the best out there, but I can't afford to purchase it right now.

I'm looking for a comparable, less expensive program. One that can do lighting, plants, etc. so that I can do some design for a customer.

Thanks!

--Abe

abloom
06-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Landscape software: Before and after pics!!! Lets see what you can do.

Search and read this post...... it may have some helpful info.

Lawnworks
06-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Try and find a used Pro landscape. Put a wanted ad in the sale forum. I bought my version 12 for $500.

AJ Lawnscapes
06-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Thanks guys, I went and purchased Real Time Landscaping Pro3.

Seems to fit the bill for now.

Thanks again!

--Abe

KindGardeners
06-27-2007, 12:44 AM
I just bought a Dell laptop to run the copy of v.13 I got in the Spring. I'll let you know how it's all working after I spend a little seat time with it.

Venturewest
06-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Here is a little landscape makeover I did using Pro Landscape. I have version 10. I wasn't going for great design on this project...just trying to play with the features of the program.

This is a house I built, and had nothing but dirt around it. Let me know what you think.

Don't mind the floating bench!! I didn't notice that.

elite lawns
06-29-2007, 01:47 AM
$1400 is alot of cash is there any other software you guy use let dose the same thing

AJ Lawnscapes
06-29-2007, 11:38 AM
RealTime Landscape Pro 3 -- very good program.

Venturewest
06-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I have Version 10 for sale for $450. That is what I paid. As you can see in my last post it works pretty well. I just do not have time to learn it well, and I still like hand drawing.

Dreams To Designs
06-30-2007, 08:46 AM
V10 sounds like a great deal, and when you start to make money with it, you can upgrade to the current V13. It does take time to learn and master, but if design is a large part of your business, it is well worth the money and time. You wouldn't use homeowner tools to perform professional services, don't expect homeowner software to impress your clients. Go with Pro Landscape to give your designs the professional appearance and presentation, just like your professional installations. And most importantly, don't forget to charge for your design services, whether in the cost of the installation or as a separate item. Your time and skills are valuable, get paid for everything you do!

Kirk