PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance on Stihl BR550 blower

CK82
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
My oldest of the two Stihl blowers seems to have lost some power, its only two seasons old, I've tapped out the air filter regularly. Other than that I was wondering if I should have done some other maintenance to have prevented loss of power?

ed2hess
06-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I'll bump this along.....don't this unit have valves? And if it does they need to be adjusted pretty frequently in the front end of it life!

Guthrie&Co
06-15-2007, 10:32 PM
have the valves adjusted and switch to the new hp super oil from stihl. you might want to have them take it apart and remove the carbon build up. i could not believe the build up i had in mine just from two years. also check to see if you have the magnatized valve if so the carbon will build up around the seat and will cause it to seat improperly. this is a warranty issue.

Jay74
06-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Decarbonize the cylinder with the Stihl decarbonizer product. Adjust the valves. Then if problems still exist check the fuel lines....or check the fuel lines first...

CK82
06-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Are these two things (adjusting the valves & decarbonizing the cylinder) able to be done, or should I take it in for service? I would like to do the maintenance myself if possible.

Guthrie&Co
06-20-2007, 02:44 PM
i just take my stuff in. its cheaper in the long run and it allows you to do other things in the biz. why bog yourself down when you can spewad the work load and be more efficent?